Other Teams' Stuff

Non-United football chat
bman2
Legend

4 months ago

Fair play also to Spurs coming back from 2-0 down away at Juve. 2-2 is not a bad away result. I don't think there's any chance we'd do as well against a good team like that.
Sid
Legend

4 months ago

The character they showed to come from behind was class. They also dominated for long spells in the game, which in the CL, against recent double european finalists who've only conceded one goal at home in the last 16 CL ties is a mark of how far they've come. The old Tottenham bottlejob shithouses are long gone.
Snoopcousins
Legend

4 months ago

[quote="Sid"]The character they showed to come from behind was class. They also dominated for long spells in the game, which in the CL, against recent double european finalists who've only conceded one goal at home in the last 16 CL ties is a mark of how far they've come. The old Tottenham bottlejob shithouses are long gone.[/quote

Long gone eh?!
When did they bottle the PL to Leicester?
What position in the PL are they in?
What have they won?!

Ffs
Halfway between the gutter and the stars

“I don't have any real proof and I can't be arsed to find any. But I bet I’m right” - Sid, 6th March 2018
bman2
Legend

4 months ago

No delivering trophies is a fair criticism, but you have to admit Snoop, Poch’s Spurs will take on anyone and not shit themselves.
Snoopcousins
Legend

4 months ago

[quote="bman2"]No delivering trophies is a fair criticism, but you have to admit Snoop, Poch’s Spurs will take on anyone and not shit themselves.[/quote

Maybe ... if there’s more to it all than that

How long has he been there?
It’s like everyone forgets all their Shite results but wank over their good results against big teams and how they actually finish the season

It’s way too early to say they’re well past being bottle jobs

“I don't have any real proof and I can't be arsed to find any. But I bet I’m right” - Sid, 6th March 2018
Sid
Legend

4 months ago

Snoop, you don't understand how hard it is to take a team of bottlers and a club heavily in the shadow of its rival, who just want to finish in the top 4, and turn em into a team that regularly finishes top 4 and can beat the best in europe. It's a massive feat. And he hasn't done it the modern way with endless cash. Granted he's spent dosh but nothing like what people said he'd need to spend, and what his rivals would. Instead he's relied on coaching as well, and that always results in praise from football and so it should.

Yeah Tottenham haven't won anything yet. But Poch is being praised for getting them to the point where they can actually challenge for trophies - because they never could before. In order to win shit you have to build a team that can beat the best, and they've done that. They can go away to Madrid, Juve, Old Trafford and dominate, threaten, shit them up. This was the team who before Poch would be 3-0 against us then concede 5 in the second half. This merits heaps of praise.

I think you're just vexed because another manager other than Jose is getting praise. I don't think you're being fair on Poch because of that. And a lot of United fans want him next, like on the Caf where he's popular. You've taken it personally.
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

4 months ago

Right... a bit of perspective...

I'm a Pochettino fan, so I've no problem doling out praise for the job he's done... period!

However, let's not ignore a few truths... Bale was a glorious signing, had nowt to do with Pochettino, but selling Bale gave Spurs a massive financial boost that they spent, to hugely improve their side... Kane has been a revelation, and Eriksen is a very classy player... without those 2, they're ordinary... Pochettino has done a fine job working with the resources he's got... but what will he do when he loses Kane and Eriksen???

You think he can just go back to his drawing board and do it again??? No! Just like Barcelona, who had a golden period with Messi/Iniest/Xavi, or the Class of 92 United... these things only come round once in a while, and then it's back to spending to prop up the side!

Pochettino probably won't even last at Spurs long enough to rebuild the side he has now... he'll be off to bigger and better things, which he deserves the chance to do... and no doubt he'll end up at a club like Real, where spending is what provides the titles, not a mythical youth setup...
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
Snoopcousins
Legend

4 months ago

I actually agree with Sids last post and also Alfs....

I too would be happy to appoint Poch after Jose... but he has a lot to prove yet - other than doing ok’ with this team...
He’s shown he likes to attack - that would go well with us...but what if we turn into an Arsenal that’s weak or only wins big games
There’s a balance needed ....and it needs to start with appointing someone ABOVE Jose....between him and Woodward

Sid
Legend

4 months ago

Alf, selling Bale also lost them one of the top players in the world. The equivalent of Atletico losing Griezmann. It left a massive hole that needed filling not just in terms of quality, goals and assists, but belief as well. They could have easily tanked but they didn't.

"Kane has been a revelation" yeah but that ignores the coaching that's turned him into a top player. Kane was considered a bit of a joke at first. He had a few unremarkable loan spells where he'd come on, look big and slow, and not score. Very much an english lump. But Poch has worked on what he's good at which is shooting and his movement which has to be clever because he's a big slow cunt who can't out run centrebacks.

But yeah Madrid probably isn't the best fit for Poch because they don't give a fuck about coaching, just spending. Same with United now tbf. He should pick his next club carefully. If he finds the right one that has unlimited riches but will also support his coaching then he'll fucking fly like Pep has done at City because Pep also mixes money with coaching, and it's seen him raise the bar to another level.

What I don't get with you Alf, and a lot of other Prem fans these days, is how they're so quick to dismiss, mock and ignore coaching as a Good Thing, in favour of praising money. Can we not spare a minute to celebrate the act of making players better, or are we fully blinded by the Prem's avarice.
Lazarus
Legend

4 months ago

Why do Spurs, Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea, City's players all look like they are enjoying their football and playing together and we look miserable as fuck. Unsure, nervous, tired, we don't have any relationships on the pitch, there aren't two players who look like they play well together or have an understanding. Our football isn't getting better we've just got more expensive players doing it.
"NO BILL POSTERS" [-X