Other Teams' Stuff

Non-United football chat
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

5 months ago

"What I don't get with you Alf, and a lot of other Prem fans these days, is how they're so quick to dismiss, mock and ignore coaching as a Good Thing, in favour of praising money. Can we not spare a minute to celebrate the act of making players better, or are we fully blinded by the Prem's avarice."

--------------------------------------------------

No one is "dismissing" coaching for fuck sake... and who here is "praising money"????????...

I'm just trying to offer some perspective, which you seem to lack...

Guardiola is a great manager, and no one here is disputing that... but you want to raise him to some ridiculous, mythical level of, "coach who's worked wonders with a bunch of rough diamonds"... Bollocks Sid!!! He's a top manager, perhaps the best in the world, who ALSO, has the most expensively assembled team in the Premier league... "Prrraaaaise the money"... he's not won this league with a bunch of journeymen, and unblooded kids, and turned them into unbeatables with AMAZING coaching... he's BOUGHT a team of superstars, with more money spent than anyone else... "Prrraaaaise the money"... and fair enough, with a brilliant game approach, and a dedicated philosophy, he's winning! But just to hammer home the point, he's actually been taking a lot of stick this year, for his lack of youth promotion/development... "Paaarraaaaise the money"

Pochettino, is the same on a different level... you make it sound like without him, Eriksen, Kane, Lloris, Vertonghen, Ali, would just be a bunch of no mark chumps... ffs...

You want to talk about brilliant coaching, then why not talk about the unsung heroes of the reserves, and youth team academies, where the real coaching happens... you know, the men that the big clubs spend a fuckin mint on, headhunting them from rivals, to come in and train their prospects so they can be ignored, or sold on at a profit... don't ask me their names, cause I don't know them, but I do know it ain't Pochettino or Guardiola... although granted they might have a say in their appointment... perspective Sid... you should try it?
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
dozer
Legend

5 months ago

Guardiola who bought 12-13 players in 3 transfer windows is a great coach who develops players? :))
Make me manager of United or City, I'll be a top coach who'll coach the likes of Griezmann, Bale, Lewandowski etc.. Just give me 500m.
Snoopcousins
Legend

5 months ago

[quote="dozer"]Guardiola who bought 12-13 players in 3 transfer windows is a great coach who develops players? :))
Make me manager of United or City, I'll be a top coach who'll coach the likes of Griezmann, Bale, Lewandowski etc.. Just give me 500m.[/quote

Guardiola has bought around 18 players!!
Jose has brought in what 7?
And the state of our club was in a worse state than City’s
Halfway between the gutter and the stars

“I don't have any real proof and I can't be arsed to find any. But I bet I’m right” - Sid, 6th March 2018
dozer
Legend

5 months ago

Yeah but Jose's still doing poorly so far with the squad.
We're a little above Liverpool and Chelsea, and they've spent significantly less than us.
Jose's doing better than Gaal and Moyes but that's a low bar. Gaal and Moyes were dogshit, especially Gaal.
Sid
Legend

5 months ago

Pep signed a lot of players for comparatively small fees like Ederson 35m bargain and Jesus 26m bargain, wehreas Jose signed less players for bigger fees like nearly 200m on Pogba and the Everton striker. If we'd have paid transfer fees for Ibra and Sanchez we'd have out spent City.

At the end of the day you can't just sign 10/12 players like Pep has and get them playing that specific style of football. It's born out of a well thought out philosophy that's been decades in the making. It doesn't just happen on its own.

The assertion from the Jose FC / Top Red mob that if Jose just signs enough players that tiki taka 2.0 will magically appear on the pitch is as funny as it is fucking bonkers. When has Mourinho ever played football comparable to Klopp, Guardiola and Bielsa? And when in recent memory has he ever not shit himself against the top 5?

Because that's the issue here, that's what United fans want; better football and to go toe to toe with our rivals. Int much to ask.
dozer
Legend

5 months ago

My point is, Pep isn't a great "coach" who's magically turned players into world beaters.
He's bought his players, plenty of them and he's doing really well with his team.
If he were to join United, he'd THROW out players like Jones, Smalling, Martial, Lindelof, Rojo, Shaw, Darmian, Herrera, Mata even before they play a game for the club.
Then he'd buy shitloads of players and do well with them. I'd take that.
I don't believe he'd turn any of those aforementioned players into world beaters.
Snoopcousins
Legend

5 months ago

[quote="dozer"]My point is, Pep isn't a great "coach" who's magically turned players into world beaters.
He's bought his players, plenty of them and he's doing really well with his team.
If he were to join United, he'd THROW out players like Jones, Smalling, Martial, Lindelof, Rojo, Shaw, Darmian, Herrera, Mata even before they play a game for the club.
Then he'd buy shitloads of players and do well with them. I'd take that.
I don't believe he'd turn any of those aforementioned players into world beaters.[/quote

Exactly.

Except we don’t have Citys unlimited budget and he wouldn’t fancy the job Mourinho took on here
Halfway between the gutter and the stars

“I don't have any real proof and I can't be arsed to find any. But I bet I’m right” - Sid, 6th March 2018
Lazarus
Legend

5 months ago

https://talksport.com/football/jose-mou ... ter-united

I don't get it the amount of money spent isn't that different, is it? From the article quoted it's about 60 mil or there abouts. The fee for one not WC player...

Could Jose not have easily bought that one more player.

Here's the thing both managers took over new teams and chose to spend the money the way they wanted. Jose kept all the players people here have slated and Pep chose to buy and get rid. It's apparent Pep has made better choices.

The above article does not include Sanchez....
"NO BILL POSTERS" [-X
Sid
Legend

5 months ago

Dozer, saying Pep int a great coach is just ridiculous. A quick google finds umpteen fucking great footballers that say he is, and why, that demolishes your opinion. I'll take their opinion over yours, a man on the internet.
Sid
Legend

5 months ago

Laz, innit.

Also what Pep does, how much he's spent and how many players he's bought has absolutely no bearing on United playing shite football and being unable to beat a relegation team

Jose's been backed, he's bought a lot of players and kept the ones he's kept. How we play is a consequence of that, not what's happening down the road.
Last edited by Sid on Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.