Other Teams' Stuff

Non-United football chat
bman2
Legend

6 months ago

swampash wrote:Wrong thread, so will post more on City tomorrow in the right thread, but imho City will implode half way through next season...

So what's this theory then? I hope you're right, because the fuckers look unstoppable at the moment.
Lazarus
Legend

6 months ago

Has Snoop gifted you his crystal ball Swamps? That's quite the prediction!
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
FuB
Legend

6 months ago

Lazarus wrote:Has Snoop gifted you his crystal ball Swamps? That's quite the prediction!

I assume he's basing this on what happened at Munich but that's like suggesting that Mourinho will win the league in his second season
I may be able to fix a forum but I can't fix a fuckwit
dozer
Legend

6 months ago

Why will City implode next season? If anything they'll get stronger.
How do we catch up?
We need players like Matic who aren't fannies. Hard to find. Willian might be available.
swampash
Legend

6 months ago

don't agree - I see a re-run of Pep and Bayern.
wrong thread tho'
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits...
Lazarus
Legend

6 months ago

FuB wrote:
Lazarus wrote:Has Snoop gifted you his crystal ball Swamps? That's quite the prediction!

I assume he's basing this on what happened at Munich but that's like suggesting that Mourinho will win the league in his second season

.....but Jose always wins the league in his second season!
Lazarus
Legend

6 months ago

swampash wrote:don't agree - I see a re-run of Pep and Bayern.
wrong thread tho'

:))

"The mist is thinning, the mist is thinning! It's becoming clearer......! I see a re-run of Pep and Bayern. Now cross my palm with silver."
swampash
Legend

6 months ago

My views on City - for what it's worth!
Despite what is being rumoured about a contract extension, I still think there is a very high probability that Pep will be off at the end of this season if he sees any chance of securing the Brazil manager's job for the lead up to the 2022 WC. If so, there will be increasing tension between him and City's management, which could easily transmit to the players. He doesn't handle such tension well, either.
If he does go, City will look for a safe replacement who they will expect to keep Pep's formula going, just as Bayern did with Ancelotti. But this will probably end badly too as Guardiola is a one-off.
Just imho, naturally, and probably wrong...
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits...
Lazarus
Legend

6 months ago

Swampy, Pep is only 47 the world cup runs in 4 year cycles. Imho the next 4 years are off the table for him. Tite is doing well after Dunga fucked up. The world cup is this year, if Tite does well he's likely to be manager next World Cup (results indicate he's doing well). That gives City 4 years at least. If City keep winning like this he could turn them into the best team around. Why would he leave? Who would tempt him enough? Why would he want to have less contact with players at the peak of his career? In 12 years Pep will only be 59 that still leave him able to manage Brazil for 12 years at less and still only be 71 (Wenger is 68, Fergie was 71).

Can't see anything but Pep being at City for a while.
Sid
Legend

6 months ago

Same, City is set up perfectly for him. He has all of his people there, unlimited dosh and a plan that is working brilliantly. Why leave. The only reason I can think is if it gets too easy. If they piss the Prem next season and win the CL within the next 2 or 3 years he might want another challenge.

On a side note, I'd say when a manager hits 50/55 they have to adapt otherwise they start being found out. I don't have any real proof and I can't be arsed to find any. But I bet I'm right. Pep is at his peak right now. But give it 5/10 years and the next gen will come along with new ideas, and they'll have incorporated the old ones he/Barca/Cruyff pioneered, and they might start challenging his teams' dominance, getting more joy against em in the head to heads, mincing teams etc. Then he'll have to change his methods in order to remain dominant.

One thing I would say is that he has evolved tiki taka from his time at Barca. He's made it a lot faster and more aggressive to suit germany and england. So who knows, he might adapt to new eras like Fergie did and go on to be as successful, or more.