Other Teams' Stuff

Non-United football chat
swampash
Legend

3 months ago

You might be right - City might make him an insane offer and Brazil might win the WC.
I'm basing my thoughts on him having stated he wants to manage Brazil and suspect he will have already put out feelers about taking the job for 2022 if Brazil don't cover themselves in glory this year. It's exactly what he did at Bayern - he teed up the City job while running down his Bayern contract, which caused a lot of bad feeling (and public comment by the big guns at Bayern), which in turn affected the players.
As I said, maybe just wishful thinking, but then again a leopard doesn't change its spots...
Time will tell...
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits...
bman2
Legend

3 months ago

I’d say he’ll only be at City one more season at most, that just seems to be the way he operates.
bman2
Legend

3 months ago

G'won Ron. 33 years old, 11 goals in the Champo, still only at the first round of the knockout stage.
Sid
Legend

3 months ago

He headed that ball harder than I can kick it

Did you see the nutmeg from Asensio n all
Sid
Legend

3 months ago

Madrid have punished PSG for giving the ball away. Every time they play a shit pass Madrid pounce and look like they'll score.

Makes you worry if we go through against Sevilla, we give the ball away like fuck and the top teams will punish us
swampash
Legend

3 months ago

What about the fireworks? Commentator here reckons the club offered to pay the fines of any supporters who got done for lighting them up. Should hit the club with a fucking big fine...
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits...
Sid
Legend

3 months ago

Nah they're great, they should be praised not fined. To be chantng and aving it for 90 minutes even though they were getting hammered and going out of the CL is class.
Unitedroad
Reserves

3 months ago

Just goes to show that noisy spectacular packed to capacity support doesn't guarantee the result as opposed to playing in one the biggest games of a season in a stadium well short of full and winning .
Sid
Legend

3 months ago

Course not

But that thinking implies the only justification for chanting and colours and atmosphere at a football match is if it results in wins, which tbf signals the death of football in england. The atmosphere itself is justification, the experience, community, identity, good time etc.

Like I've always said if United had an atmosphere like the curva sud at Milan in its pomp or the la doce at Boca I'd not give a shit about the football on the pitch, I'd not even watch it, I'd be one of the drummers aving it every week

But right there was a study done that proves that loud consistent chanting backed by a strong beat makes the team play at a higher tempo for longer, which is a clear advantage. I think Dortmund was used as an example. So that does have a direct affect on the team and results.

Jose's United could do with a bit of that
Unitedroad
Reserves

3 months ago

drums should be saved for the concert halls and bands not inside a football stadium where I find them immensely annoying.
Milans results and Dortmund who sit 20 odd points behind Munich and indeed CPalace as opposed to Manchester City and their empty seats seem to currently cast doubt on this theory .