Other Teams' Stuff

Non-United football chat
FuB
Legend

9 months ago

bman2 wrote:It's a warning for us not to take beating Sevilla at home for granted. Not that they have anyone like Higuain or Dybala.

and thank fuck for that because they make more chances than Juve have
I may be able to fix a forum but I can't fix a fuckwit
Sid
Legend

9 months ago

FuB wrote:well, no one's arguing against having a better atmosphere... just that letting off fireworks isn't the best way about it. I think that stands regardless of the type of terracing but I don't doubt that cramped seating in modern stadiums would be a fucking deathtrap if a fire broke out.

Depends on the "fireworks". It's a wide ranging term, and a daft one we shouldn't use, because they're not fireworks. It's something you hear ignorant commentators use because they're absolutely flabergasted at what is a common sight literally all over the world.

Actual real fireworks, ban em. Flares, keep em.

Most of the flares you see at football matches in almost every league on the planet are proper football ones, not ones you use at sea. Those things are deadly, I know, I let one off once. It's a solid tube of heavy metal that glows white hot and can do a lot of damage. But the flares you see at matches are more smoke based ones that are a lot safer. Like I said most leagues all over the world even in tiny countries of 100,000s of people use flares and nobody dies.

The scepticism and tbf sneering from commentators and pundits towards great atmosphere is fucking bizare to me. We used to have atmospheres like that not that long ago. The Prem has fucked everybody's minds.
Last edited by Sid on Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sid
Legend

9 months ago

FuB wrote:
Sid wrote:I will, Fub

Meanwhile, Juve, you can't write em off

Tottenham are fucked

yeah... allegri: one sub, two goals in 10 mins. not sure why no one mentions him when we're all banging on about which manager would be best.

should have watched this with my father-in-law. didn't think any of you fuckers would be bothered either.

Innit. Nobody seems to rate him or Juve. They're always in with a shout because they pass that knowledge and experience of the CL through every team. And their manages are some of the best in the biz, best tacticians, best thinkers.
FuB
Legend

9 months ago

ok. swampash specifically mentioned "fireworks" so I was commenting based on that. that said, I find flares at football matches fucking annoying. i'm all for drums and chanting though.
FuB
Legend

9 months ago

Sid wrote:
FuB wrote:
Sid wrote:I will, Fub

Meanwhile, Juve, you can't write em off

Tottenham are fucked

yeah... allegri: one sub, two goals in 10 mins. not sure why no one mentions him when we're all banging on about which manager would be best.

should have watched this with my father-in-law. didn't think any of you fuckers would be bothered either.

Innit. Nobody seems to rate him or Juve. They're always in with a shout because they pass that knowledge and experience of the CL through every team. And their manages are some of the best in the biz, best tacticians, best thinkers.

everyone likes to have a wank over Conte but Allegri is the one who took them forward in the Champions League and to two finals.

as an aside... I guess I should have said "two subs" but I felt it was specifically bringing lichsteiner on and changing the shape that got the goals (and gave them the shape that allowed them to close the match down)
Unitedroad
Reserves

9 months ago

Great atmosphere 1-2 Juventus , though i didnt see any roman candles burning or hear Ringo Starr thumping maybe the great Potch will consider contacting Standard Fireworks next season.
Juve were absolutely class like the old days once they got in front.
Atmosphere must have been pants at the Emptyhad too.
swampash
Legend

9 months ago

FuB wrote:ok. swampash specifically mentioned "fireworks" so I was commenting based on that. that said, I find flares at football matches fucking annoying. i'm all for drums and chanting though.

No he didn't, he used the word 'pyrotechnics'...
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits...
FuB
Legend

9 months ago

swampash wrote:
FuB wrote:ok. swampash specifically mentioned "fireworks" so I was commenting based on that. that said, I find flares at football matches fucking annoying. i'm all for drums and chanting though.

No he didn't, he used the word 'pyrotechnics'...

I was talking about this post, swampash: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=17&start=10900#p134083
Lazarus
Legend

9 months ago

:)) Jeez.... pay attention Swampy!
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
swampash
Legend

9 months ago

:D Fair enough, I used both:
First: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=17&start=10900#p134083
Then: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=17&start=10910

#-o
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits...