Refs

Non-United football chat
redzebs
Legend

1 year ago

Sid wrote:Aye really good to see. but I feel sorry for their kids having 2 refs for parents, would be like two coppers, you couldn't do anything fun

Webb used to be a copper iirc lol, I wonder if she was too.
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.
Sid
Legend

1 year ago

Terrible couple tbh
swampash
Legend

1 year ago

She is too zebs.
Came across well in the post match interview. Seems a nice character.
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits...
swampash
Legend

1 year ago

:-o
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits...
pint vulger
Legend

8 months ago

Are they ( and I know ''tis may sound impossible) getting even worse, two incidents recently one just baffling the McTominey incident.Second the very basics Harry Kanes encroachment on Weds .
One the first decision didn't ultimately make any difference to the result ,the second eg more or less decided the result.
VAR is flawed also and will only add to the argument.
pint vulger
Legend

8 months ago

Just seen the Charlie Adam pen save and then the defender take him out on the rebound :D
FuB
Legend

6 months ago

I may be able to fix a forum but I can't fix a fuckwit
Sid
Legend

6 months ago

30 quid a game int a lot tbf
FuB
Legend

6 months ago

Sid wrote:
6 months ago
30 quid a game int a lot tbf
To be honest this is the logical conclusion of people such as the topic starter thinking that refs have no place in the game and they're all crooked or biased.

I mean, Michael Oliver was an absolute cock with that decision at the end of the Madrid - Juve game but he and his wife don't deserve this:

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/43750521
I may be able to fix a forum but I can't fix a fuckwit
Sid
Legend

6 months ago

Tbf I grew up next to a playing field that had a lot of saturday/sunday games on it and the games can be rough. The attitude is old school, as in there's a lot of unnecessary angry cunts wanting pain and blood. I've seen it in the kids games as well. The FA did those ads with Ray Winstone to address it, the fact that a lot of people turn up to football matches at all levels wanting blood and to shout shite like "break his fucking legs" to 11 year olds. It was good but it still goes on. It's something that needs addressing in wider society, probably some toxic masculinity shite as well. But it will be hard to change because for a lot people in britain football is somewhere you go to have a good old fucking moan and / or get out some anger. It's its social function in a way. Anger at rich cunts on the pitch fannying about not earning their living, anger at the authorities, the FA / FIFA which is manifested in the ref. So there's a lot to it.

I do feel sorry for that cunt though. 30 quid int a lot to cop a beating.