Refs

Non-United football chat
FuB
Legend

1 year ago

pint vulger wrote:
FuB wrote:to be fair, we should just do away with players altogether and just have two teams of eleven refs with an extra ref to make sure none of the refs are partisan. this way we can make sure all refs have played the game at the same level as they are reffing
Pleasy Fub ,if you havnt played the game you wouldnt understand.

Not theres anything wrong in that.
but i'm addressing your assertion that refs should have played the game at the appropriate level. are you really dim enough to think that ex-players of a sufficiently close (which you haven't truly defined) level to the top leagues will be interested to become referees once their playing careers are over? have we all been too blind to see that Zlatan isn't really off to the States and, instead, we'll see him in black next year?

Oh and you really ought to get your pointless non signature right or learn how to actually set one
I may be able to fix a forum but I can't fix a fuckwit
pint vulger
Legend

1 year ago

There are literally hundreds of players in every country that would jump at the chance if you pay them accordingly ,obviously players such as Zlatan ( your e.g ) would have made enough dosh to be arsed with it.
I wouldn't mind if they recruited refs from failed players at academies ,that would be a start / improvement.Surely you agree you need experience to understand the finer points of the game.
But even with all that ,its the inconsistency from all at every level that is most annoying ,that can happen in minutes never mind different games/ different standards.
For instance at levels the game will be judged differently depending on the score,that shouldn't happen ,a foul is a foul if 0-0 or 7-0 .
You really have to listen to a group of refs chatting ,they really believe the game is about them.

Not .....

Sorry i dont have a ' non signature ' pointless or relevant ,unlike your very interesting line .
FuB
Legend

1 year ago

To be perfectly honest, it's ridiculously clear from your typical ex-player TV pundit that they have a fairly limited understanding of the rules... as evidenced by things like their continual citing of the concept of "intent" - which, as the forum expert, you'll know is utterly irrelevant and not stated anywhere in the laws of the game. This might be an esoteric point to someone as sage as you are but I think it does highlight the clear fact that players aren't necessarily the type of "expert" one might need... in the same way you might not want a builder designing a house for you.
pint vulger
Legend

1 year ago

Ok mate .
pint vulger
Legend

1 year ago

Credit where credits due the ref in Barca tonight was excellent ,firm from the start consistent, allowed the game to flow,no daft yellows ,the big game never fazed him .Very good.
FuB
Legend

1 year ago

nice to see you being magnanimous, pint, but he's literally made a mockery of your earlier post in that it appears he has never played football at any level. perhaps you'll reconsider your suggestion that a ref needs to have played the game to truly appreciate how it works?
pint vulger
Legend

1 year ago

There will be always an exception to the rule,Kuipers was excellent despite his inexperienced footballing career.One swallow.
But thanks for spending the time .

Not that theres anything wrong in that.☝️
redzebs
Legend

1 year ago

Did you hear Barry Manilow swallows?

Not that there anything wrong with that
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.
pint vulger
Legend

1 year ago

redzebs wrote:Did you hear Barry Manilow swallows?

Not that there anything wrong with that
Is that a euphemism RZ ? ( i had to check ,you know that is the first time i have ever wrote that)
redzebs
Legend

1 year ago

No it's an inyourendo
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.