Refs

Non-United football chat
FuB
Legend

1 month ago

Sid wrote:
1 month ago
Tbf I grew up next to a playing field that had a lot of saturday/sunday games on it and the games can be rough. The attitude is old school, as in there's a lot of unnecessary angry cunts wanting pain and blood. I've seen it in the kids games as well. The FA did those ads with Ray Winstone to address it, the fact that a lot of people turn up wanting blood and shout shite like "break his fucking legs" to 11 year olds. It was good but it still goes on.

But yeah. Fuck refs though. They're the recognisable authority at a footbal match, the extension of the FA, UEFA, FIFA or whatever, so they're going to cop abuse from working class people.
Sure, but like that ref says, they're prepared for and becoming immune to the abuse they get. When it starts to become physical abuse then it might as well be a game of british bulldog.

Whether or not they are, in the eyes of "working class people", an extension of the FA, I don't think they go out there with the intention of being a representative of the FA, or to earn their pointless 30 quid. They surely go out there because they love the game?
I may be able to fix a forum but I can't fix a fuckwit
Sid
Legend

1 month ago

My revised post was better, Fub. But aye whether they go out on to the pitch with the intention of representing the football authorities or not, fact is they do represent em. The authorities pay their wages if they're official, and their job is to make sure the game sticks to the authorities rule book. It's like coppers and politicians, they represent the authorities so stick comes with the job. I'd rather politicians get beaten up than refs but you can't pick and choose.

But yeah the fact he got attacked shows there's still a lot of unncessary violence in the game. I've not watched a sat/sunday league game for ages but I'd imagine there's still a lot unnecessary anger on the touchlines as well.
FuB
Legend

1 month ago

Yeah, your revised post is better!

Abusing the ref isn't just the domain of the English game either. I've seen it when I've gone to watch my nephew play here and it's pretty much the same sort of shit.
FuB
Legend

1 month ago

Not to harp on about Michael Oliver but this (continuing) story is interesting: http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/43771452

NOT because it says anything else interesting about Michael Oliver, his wife or the abuse they have received but because, if you look at the example tweets the BBC have published, it seems that abusive Italians like to include @ManUtd in tweets that have fuck all to do with United.
Snoopcousins
Legend

1 month ago

Nothing new ....same as all transfer stories etc- tag on Man Utd and you get a shit load more views
Halfway between the gutter and the stars

“I don't have any real proof and I can't be arsed to find any. But I bet I’m right” - Sid, 6th March 2018
FuB
Legend

1 month ago

that's exactly my point, Snoops... shows the global reach of United over other clubs.

Don't forget I live in Italy, mate. For instance, even my family often congratulate me on "Manchester" results when they've misunderstood that they're talking about City...
Snoopcousins
Legend

1 month ago

What does FUB stand for?
Halfway between the gutter and the stars

“I don't have any real proof and I can't be arsed to find any. But I bet I’m right” - Sid, 6th March 2018
FuB
Legend

1 month ago

Snoopcousins wrote:
1 month ago
What does FUB stand for?
means absolutely nothing. honest. certainly nothing Italian if that was your angle of questioning.
Sid
Legend

1 month ago

I would have suggested it stood for Fucking Useless Bastard but he's basically transformed the forum and is now running it, so that's not applicable
FuB
Legend

1 month ago

I think you actually did suggest that some time ago in the wankfest or LVG thread when i'd pissed you off. It'll do me anyway.