England in World Cup final u20

Non-United football chat
bman2
Legend

1 year ago

redzebs wrote:Rashford should have been playing and winning this instead of sitting beside Vardy on the bench tbf
I think that's true. The countries that are consistently really competitive take these kinds of tournaments seriously. And Rashford still has plenty of rough edges he needs to work on, that he should be working on in the right venue, and not always in the professional game against experienced and cynical pros with half the talent.
pint vulger
Legend

11 months ago

U 21 got dicked on pens (again ) by the Geermans.
redzebs
Legend

11 months ago

bman2 wrote:
redzebs wrote:Rashford should have been playing and winning this instead of sitting beside Vardy on the bench tbf
I think that's true. The countries that are consistently really competitive take these kinds of tournaments seriously. And Rashford still has plenty of rough edges he needs to work on, that he should be working on in the right venue, and not always in the professional game against experienced and cynical pros with half the talent.

And bring the main main, because let's face it, if he'd been starting upfront, they might have won it, why wasn't Tuanzabe playing??

And Fosu Mensah, they shat themselves tonight and let Germany bully them, hoofing the ball up and letting Germany come straight back again,

This whole you've been called up for the seniors so that's it, it's a load of balls.

There's three players who've been in shit loads of first team squads, won at least one trophy, travelled in European games. Joke.
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.
Steggo
Legend

11 months ago

With the U21s you just knew which way destiny was leading them as soon as you heard that England were 'practising' penalties. You really couldn't write it any better.
Sid
Legend

11 months ago

Pens have become a stumbling block for england no matter who they're against because as a nation we've made such a big deal out of them for decades

Games against germany have too. We need to see it as a game of football not a game against nazi germany in 1941 trenches churcill they don't like it up em. Or a game against Angela Merkel trying to take our english beer off us

It's a football match

So long as we keep all that shite alive we're piling more pressure on these young players

End WW2 romanticism, tear down all Churchill statues and start again
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

11 months ago

Sid wrote:Pens have become a stumbling block for england no matter who they're against because as a nation we've made such a big deal out of them for decades

Games against germany have too. We need to see it as a game of football not a game against nazi germany in 1941 trenches churcill they don't like it up em. Or a game against Angela Merkel trying to take our english beer off us

It's a football match

So long as we keep all that shite alive we're piling more pressure on these young players

End WW2 romanticism, tear down all Churchill statues and start again
Didn't see the game, but from what I read, the best team won... 70% possession, twice as many shots, twice as many shots on target... we were outplayed... and lost... no complaints...
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
Sid
Legend

11 months ago

Ah right, in that case we need to get good at football as well