Confederations Cup

Non-United football chat
swampash
Legend

1 year ago

Sid wrote:It's a legit way to waste someone's time
...a legitimate way to test someone's argument.
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits...
Steggo
Legend

1 year ago

swampash wrote:Just supposing, like, we win every one of our games next season 1-0. Will anyone be complaining about the tactics when it means we would win the league and every cup on offer including the CL...? Would Jose be hero or villain?
Actually that's a very plausible concept. I don't think it would bother Jose to win like that,and in many games last season that seemed to be the philosophy. I certainly wouldn't mind that,but only for one more season. Mind, there'd have to be a lot of exciting 1-0's.
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

1 year ago

pint vulger wrote:The point being that Jose lost only 5 league games ( less than City ,which i will take again this season now) and won 3 trophies ,and got in the much ' coveted ' CL spot ( a load of tosh ) .
And until football changes from a results driven business to the entertainment that it was inteneded that will do for me.
Germany know how to win a game whether its a 7-1 in a semi final in the hosts country wow or a controlled 1-0 win for the trophy .
No, that's not his point... not in THIS THREAD...

In this thread he was trying, and failing, to make a cackhanded argument about Germany beating Chile, and being deserved winners... because they did in fact win...

But you should already know that, considering he's your cave mate...
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
swampash
Legend

1 year ago

You seem to be developing a bit of a thing for caves Alf...
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits...