Fiorentina Captain Davide Astori Dies

Non-United football chat
Snoopcousins
Legend

9 months ago

Oh my
Halfway between the gutter and the stars

“I don't have any real proof and I can't be arsed to find any. But I bet I’m right” - Sid, 6th March 2018
Robbo
Legend

9 months ago

According to reports after an Autopsy Davide Astori died due to Heart related problems basically his heart simply stopped so religion never played a role in his death, all to often Sportsmen die due to heart related problems that were previously unknown which is strange considering the tests etc.they are put though.
-----------------------------------------------------
FuB
Legend

9 months ago

Robbo wrote:According to reports after an Autopsy Davide Astori died due to Heart related problems basically his heart simply stopped so religion never played a role in his death, all to often Sportsmen die due to heart related problems that were previously unknown which is strange considering the tests etc.they are put though.

indeed. there was widespread shock here (as can be expected) and, despite it being the same day as the general election, there was plenty of TV dedicated to the story. One of the things they were saying was that, here, sportspeople are subjected to far more rigorous health testing than most other place so, if it wasn't detected, it simply could not have been detected.

I can well believe that the testing is extensive. there's a massive emphasis on healthcare (so long as you can afford it) here - sometimes it feels like you'll get sent for a blood test and other shit just for a cold. to put things in perspective when compare to the UK: my wife recently decided to take up pilates and they would not let her subscribe to the course without a full set of medical checks on her, including an ECG. I mean... just for pilates!
I may be able to fix a forum but I can't fix a fuckwit
bman2
Legend

9 months ago

Get in son, you lucky bastard! My ex took up pilates while we were still together, phwoar.
bman2
Legend

9 months ago

Hope that's not inappropriate btw, just got momentarily carried away by pleasant memories...
brianofnazarethffs
Legend

9 months ago

bman2 wrote:Hope that's not inappropriate btw, just got momentarily carried away by pleasant memories...

Not inappropriate at all, in fact, do you have pictures?? :ymhug:
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...

Rant's official saviour