Carragher, scouse bastard

Non-United football chat
FuB
Legend

1 year ago

Snoopcousins wrote:
FuB wrote:yes but that doesn't answer the question, does it?

given that he DID do it, do you feel that it should have been forgotten about and brushed under the carpet or should he be held to account?

Legs be honest here ....if I did that in my line of work I would be suspended and then sacked - no doubt at all about it.

He will get another punditry job in time somewhere else- he has to go IMHO.

And tbf I called him a cunt a few ages ago and got mocked ....seems I was right

But Pinter is right too- the Man Utd Dad was obviously a gobshite- but that doesn’t change anything tbh

at least there are some positives to come out of this
I may be able to fix a forum but I can't fix a fuckwit
Sid
Legend

1 year ago

He's been suspended, so I reckon they'll wait til it dies down and give him his job back
sheesh
Legend

1 year ago

Apart from what happened on Saturday, and putting football rivalries to one side, Carragher's always struck me as a good guy. He looked pretty contrite on the Sky interview earlier. I really like him, although am obviously appalled at what he did.

It's true that if he was in any other line of work, he would have been sacked immediately. Worse, he's committed a criminal offence.

Things could have been a lot worse, with the father pissing about with his phone and taunting the guy whilst driving.
Snoopcousins
Legend

1 year ago

sheesh wrote:Apart from what happened on Saturday, and putting football rivalries to one side, Carragher's always struck me as a good guy. He looked pretty contrite on the Sky interview earlier. I really like him, although am obviously appalled at what he did.

It's true that if he was in any other line of work, he would have been sacked immediately. Worse, he's committed a criminal offence.

Things could have been a lot worse, with the father pissing about with his phone and taunting the guy whilst driving.

Did you see Carraghers driving too? He stupidly swerved across his lane when leaning out his window to spit
Halfway between the gutter and the stars

“I don't have any real proof and I can't be arsed to find any. But I bet I’m right” - Sid, 6th March 2018
Snoopcousins
Legend

1 year ago

FuB wrote:
Snoopcousins wrote:
FuB wrote:yes but that doesn't answer the question, does it?

given that he DID do it, do you feel that it should have been forgotten about and brushed under the carpet or should he be held to account?

Legs be honest here ....if I did that in my line of work I would be suspended and then sacked - no doubt at all about it.

He will get another punditry job in time somewhere else- he has to go IMHO.

And tbf I called him a cunt a few ages ago and got mocked ....seems I was right

But Pinter is right too- the Man Utd Dad was obviously a gobshite- but that doesn’t change anything tbh

at least there are some positives to come out of this

Amen brother

In all seriousness ....is talking shit on a small corner of this website means fuck all to the whole situation - so there can be no positives or negatives to come from us talking about it

“I don't have any real proof and I can't be arsed to find any. But I bet I’m right” - Sid, 6th March 2018
sheesh
Legend

1 year ago

Snoopcousins wrote:
sheesh wrote:Apart from what happened on Saturday, and putting football rivalries to one side, Carragher's always struck me as a good guy. He looked pretty contrite on the Sky interview earlier. I really like him, although am obviously appalled at what he did.

Did you see Carraghers driving too? He stupidly swerved across his lane when leaning out his window to spit

Yep, true.
Snoopcousins
Legend

1 year ago

Tbh I deal with shite like that every day- road rage incidents with counter allegations ,
Careless Driving and Commin assault

FuB
Legend

1 year ago

A note on that and Sid's suggestion that he's been suspended till it blows over...

I'm pretty sure that a suspension and disciplinary process needs to be followed regardless of how cut and dried the "facts" are.
sheesh
Legend

1 year ago

You know what, you're right. I studied employment law donkeys years ago and can't remember half of what I was taught.
FuB
Legend

1 year ago

personally, i'd be fucking amazed if he keeps his job (and i'm sure he won't be destitute - yeah, yeah, pint. it's such a crime when multimillionaires lose their jobs for gobbing at a 14 year old) but they'll need to follow some sort of contractual process.

I don't recall but, in terms of davel's crude comparison, I don't think Gray and Keys were given the chop there and then.