Arsene Wenger Leaving Arsenal

Non-United football chat
swampash
Legend

7 months ago

:D
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits...
sheesh
Legend

7 months ago

According to Robbie on Arsenal Fan TV, Wenger offered to step down last season. They brought in Sven Mislintat from Dortmund a while ago, and are looking to bring in another German into the club, so it looks like they've been getting things in place ready for a new manager for some time.

I could be wrong, but I can't see Arsenal making an utter bollocks of it like we did by hiring Moyes.
FuB
Legend

7 months ago

tbf we've done the whole top level football world a massive favour by showing them all step by step how NOT to do it
I may be able to fix a forum but I can't fix a fuckwit
sheesh
Legend

7 months ago

I was at the game at Old Trafford in 97-98 where Overmars scored. What a team they had back then.
Robbo
Legend

7 months ago

Things will never be the same again, the fun and games between Wenger and Ferguson was the thing of legend and love or hate Wenger he was the longest serving Manager in the Premier League.
-----------------------------------------------------
Sid
Legend

7 months ago

sheesh wrote:
7 months ago

I was at the game at Old Trafford in 97-98 where Overmars scored. What a team they had back then.
Class that, a good reminder of what Wenger actually brought to english football. One thing was better pitches. A lot of english teams played football that suited the muddy as fuck pitches we had the time, were the ball wouldn't run true on the deck. So when teams went to Highbury, on that beautifully green pitch, they just got smashed to pieces by this fast as a fuck skillful team that played it on the deck. Pep's the next couple of generations of that philosophy that play even faster, more creative football on the deck.
sheesh
Legend

7 months ago

The point about Vieira being seen as Guardiola's successor is interesting.
dozer
Legend

6 months ago

Hope he joins Real Madrid. Arsenal fans have been targeting him unfairly. The board never gave him the money. Has there been a better manager in the world if you take even his recent achievements w.r.t. the money spent?