The World Cup thread

Non-United football chat
ashleyfuckingyoung
Legend

1 year ago

Sane left out of the German squad. I'm stunned by that, he's been exceptional this season.
Sid
Legend

1 year ago

Yeah, very surprising. He's one of City's most dangerous players.

Gotze didn't even make the provisional squad. He's fallen from grace.
Lazarus
Legend

1 year ago

This is a very low key World Cup. Even advertisers seem to have backed off it. I couldn't describe the Logo, now that I think of it....
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
Sid
Legend

1 year ago

Aye it's the politically fragile time we're living in, nobody likes Russia, no one wants to praise the games because it means praising them, and the wider context sees camps forming in europe and the US, plus brexit, fascism on the rise... It's going to be interesting
lkhmffsstopmovingabout
Legend

1 year ago

is alf not coming back for the world cup then
lkhm

hoofing
Sid
Legend

1 year ago

Spain sack their manager a day before the World Cup starts because he agreed to take over at Real after the tournament. Madness.
bman2
Legend

1 year ago

Point of principle, got to respect that. Better than the English FA always so openly desperate to retain the services of whichever foreign manager they've hired at huge expense to coach the national team, no matter what he gets up to.
Lazarus
Legend

1 year ago

lkhmffsstopmovingabout wrote:
1 year ago
is alf not coming back for the world cup then
Look at you showing your warm fluffy side! Cute!
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
marlon
Legend

1 year ago

Sounds like the whole team wanted him to stay though. Weird move for Madrid and Lopetegui to announce it just before the tournement, but it's not a good enough reason to sack him.
Sid
Legend

1 year ago

The US, Canada and Mexico selected to host the 2026 World Cup. I guarantee that's a corrupt bid. It's the first "vote" since the yanks toppled Blatter and the yanks win. You won hear anything about it in the press, the journos won't investigate, and it will be never unearthed.