england

Non-United football chat
lkhmffsstopmovingabout
Legend

2 months ago

its obvious from that squad were going 5 at the back tbf, 6 fucking fullbacks in the squad ffs

vardy needs to play for me
lkhm

hoofing
swampash
Legend

2 months ago

I actually like the look of that squad and expect them to to pretty well. Outside chance to win the WC; should make the semis at least.
Southgate has already shown that 3 at the back can still be a very attack minded line up. He has players with pace and playing skills who can play in a back three and provide real dynamism.
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits...
Sid
Legend

2 months ago

swampash wrote:
2 months ago
I actually like the look of that squad and expect them to to pretty well. Outside chance to win the WC; should make the semis at least.
Southgate has already shown that 3 at the back can still be a very attack minded line up. He has players with pace and playing skills who can play in a back three and provide real dynamism.
I thought the "semis at least" expectations were confined to 2006

Remember we lost to Iceland at the last major international tournament
swampash
Legend

2 months ago

Don‘t write them off too soon Sid.
Lakendary
First Teamer

2 months ago

Nah, England are shite. Gareth Southgate is shite. I'd be very surprised if they can make it past the round of 16.
swampash
Legend

2 months ago

Well, time will tell Lak...let's wait and see, shall we?
Sid
Legend

2 months ago

I can't believe there's actual hype around the England team after what happened last time, and all the times before that. Context: 2 fucking semi finals in what, 60 years?

We have some good players in our team and we're not playing naive littlerenglander inspired 442 theydontlikeitupem paceandpower foreignersarephysicallyweak football anymore. We're harder to play against. But... look at the other teams, France, Germany, Brazil, Argentina... when you look at what others have, how they play, the experience they have, it puts things into context.

Lets just take each game as it comes
swampash
Legend

2 months ago

...bit surprised by some of the German squad decisions.
Steggo
Legend

2 months ago

We'll do what we always do,struggle through the group stage ,lose a quarter final and come home. Which you wouldn't mind if you thought that maybe we were building a squad to seriously compete in the next Euros/World Cup.
marlon
Legend

1 month ago

I like this team
DeshaGVXcAAMs8w.jpg