Sid
Legend

2 years ago

Europe got their man in

Will be interesting to see what happens from here
Sid
Legend

2 years ago

Is there going to be no scrutiny on how he won the second round? How he got so many votes?

All day Talkshite were deriding the voting process saying that basically nothing had changed, as the delegates locked themselves away in rooms and coerced and colluded... Then when Infantino won a shock victory, it was all yep, good, football might finally bloody change now
Sid
Legend

2 years ago

Infantino on his banned mentor: “I thank him for everything he has given and taught me. I have strong, dear thoughts for Mr Platini right now.”

Sepp, giving his nod: “I’m glad Gianni is president, he has all the qualities to continue my work. I had mulled wine with him at Christmas. I gave him tips.”

Dodgy as fuck for me
Robbo
Legend

2 years ago

Sid wrote:Infantino on his banned mentor: “I thank him for everything he has given and taught me. I have strong, dear thoughts for Mr Platini right now.”

Sepp, giving his nod: “I’m glad Gianni is president, he has all the qualities to continue my work. I had mulled wine with him at Christmas. I gave him tips.”

Dodgy as fuck for me
The whole fucking crowd is dodgy Sid there is that much money involved it can't be any other way and how much actually gets back to the grassroots, the kids etc.
-----------------------------------------------------
marlon
Legend

2 years ago

Can't be a democratic process when the voters don't represent grassroots football/fans. It's like the royal family voting for the next king
Sid
Legend

2 years ago

Spot on

There's no interest from the British press to investigate the process anymore, even though Infantino was platini's right hand man, and obviously a very dear friend. It's ridiculous to think he didn't know anything about Platini's corruption.

But the yanks won't go after him because he's the one europe backed
Sid
Legend

2 years ago

There's a suggestion that Infantino has promised the US the 2026 World Cup, the cunt denies it though http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35681520

He got 88 out of 207 votes in the first round, then an extra 27 in the second to win it out right. Big margin that, out of nowhere
redzebs
Legend

2 years ago

Did he do the mulled wine right though or just be a lazy cunt and buy a bottle of plonk and a sachet from Tescos, that'll tell you all you need to know
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

2 years ago

"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
Sid
Legend

2 years ago

The other candidates will be dodging tax as well

The whole lot of em are scum