vs Sevilla

Forum for match day threads
sheesh
Legend

3 months ago

Howson is spot on for once:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oydH-Murt9Q

Mark Goldbridge on The United Stand - now he's annoying.
Last edited by sheesh on Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:29 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Snoopcousins
Legend

3 months ago

No excuses from me.

Jose shat out in his “tactics” for these 2 legs

I didn’t like the 0-0 draw away but was happy to see what we wud do In the second leg....

Starting Fellaini in big games has always been a reason for me to criticise Jose and playing him tonight from the start with clear tactics to play it up to him and Lukaku is not good enough

I think Jose thought we could score easily enough but that 0-0 in the first leg meant Sevilla did not have to force the game - they could sit back and play counter attack - and we had no way through them

We should have played same team as last game - even Martial instead of Rashford maybe - but we should have built on the momentum from that game

One step forward and 3 steps back tonight I’m afraid

Jose will be under pressure- if he is given this summer transfer window then we need something massive

I’m happy fo give him another year to see what we can do - but I’m also not that bothered if he goes - if we got in an amazing appointment ....not sure who else there is tho
Halfway between the gutter and the stars

“I don't have any real proof and I can't be arsed to find any. But I bet I’m right” - Sid, 6th March 2018
sheesh
Legend

3 months ago

Mourinho came out with this after the match:

https://twitter.com/Coral/status/973685664930848770

What a grade A CUNT that man is.
marlon
Legend

3 months ago

Just a proper attacking coach this time. Three of the most boring coaches in the world after Fergie. Poch is too similar to Mourinho.
bman2
Legend

3 months ago

I'm not so bothered by the team selection -- after all Ferguson often put out weird sides that would have you fearing the worst but then ended up getting the job done. But what the fuck was the plan? We basically made no effort to score away at Sevilla, and didn't seem to have a plan here tonight. I think maybe this match got really neglected in training because of the focus on Liverpool.
Unitedroad
Reserves

3 months ago

Troops are not happy , unfortunately we are just not good enough some awful performances tonight inc the crowd the atmosphere was shite .
Wtf was Pogba up too ? Sanchez was fucking awful again but I,m still having he's the best player in the squad .
Did DDG fuck up for the second I thought it was a another great save ?
Not that dissapointed didn't fancy two legs v City or Liverpool.
Sid
Legend

3 months ago

sheesh wrote:Mourinho came out with this after the match:

How he handles this shit really doesn't help his cause. Here he's managed to mock the club and remind fans who're hurting and angry of the times he knocked out us out of the CL. He's basically just bigging himself up.

I'm finding solace in the fact that Fergie will have roasted him. He bollocked Gaal and Moyes for bad press and bad results. But this result, with this team... He'll have gone ballistic.
Sid
Legend

3 months ago

bman2 wrote:Maybe our training focused on Liverpool, because the players didn't even seem to know what the plan was in the first half. Other than blooting high it to Fellaini at the back post, ffs.

I think that's a good shout. The players were clueless as if all the recent training was focussed on Liverpool.

Again it comes down to Jose. It's his job to get their heads on each game and programme them accordingly.

It's a flaw in his reactionary philosophy. The approach we have to game is constantly changing, and the changes are so drastic. But you can't just turn attacking football on and off. You're going to fuck up at some point. Whereas Klopp and Pep play the same way every time, and that's to win, with only minor tactical tweaks, so the players always know what their roles are and what the approach is.
Lazarus
Legend

3 months ago

Sid wrote:
bman2 wrote:Maybe our training focused on Liverpool, because the players didn't even seem to know what the plan was in the first half. Other than blooting high it to Fellaini at the back post, ffs.

I think that's a good shout. The players were clueless as if all the recent training was focussed on Liverpool.

Again it comes down to Jose. It's his job to get their heads on each game and programme them accordingly.

It's a flaw in his reactionary philosophy. The approach we have to game is constantly changing, and the changes are so drastic. But you can't just turn attacking football on and off. You're going to fuck up at some point. Whereas Klopp and Pep play the same way every time, and that's to win, with only minor tactical tweaks, so the players always know what their roles are and what the approach is.

....that's supposing there was any kind of training for Liverpool. Rashford scored a great goal and a deflected goal, apart from that it was still a shite performance. Great we won but it was still directionless.
"NO BILL POSTERS" [-X
Lazarus
Legend

3 months ago

sheesh wrote:Mourinho came out with this after the match:

WTF? He's a :tosser:
"NO BILL POSTERS" [-X