Vs Derby

Forum for match day threads
swampash
Legend

2 months ago

Rashford and Ighalo look like sound parts of a long term re-build. Maybe Greenwood too, though I would really like to see him playing 90 minutes for a run of games to get a good idea of his true potential.
What would your starting midfield be, dozer, if Fellaini was still with us and what role would you give him?
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits...
bman2
Legend

2 months ago

swampash wrote:
2 months ago
Rashford and Ighalo look like sound parts of a long term re-build. Maybe Greenwood too, though I would really like to see him playing 90 minutes for a run of games to get a good idea of his true potential.
What would your starting midfield be, dozer, if Fellaini was still with us and what role would you give him?
I think Ighalo has shown the value of having that profile of player, but we haven't seen enough of him to conclude that he should be part of United's rebuild. He's only scored against dross sides. That's not a criticism, the way the season has probably ended, he didn't get the opportunity to show what he could do in the league.

At least though with him we have a decent fallback option if we can't land a higher profile, more expensive striker whenever the transfer window opens. Which is a good position to be in. We could focus on someone for right wing, like Sancho, and stick with Ighalo, which would be a decent outcome.
dozer
Legend

2 months ago

swampash wrote:
2 months ago
New midfielder, Fernandes and McT/Matic. Pogba sold.
If Fellani were with us, he'll be on the bench. He's an excellent sub anyway.