Vs Arsenal

Forum for match day threads
Anantax
Legend

6 years ago

Tbf if we start Carrick and Jones in midfield I'll be fairly happy

Its not great, but its the best we HAVE at the moment to counter Arsenal's play. We cant outpass them, we cant outposses them (not in current form).

Best bet is to shut down as much as possible Ramsey who's in the best form of his career and Ozil. If they're gonna beat us let them do it with their strikers.
lars072
Legend

6 years ago

Anantax wrote:Tbf if we start Carrick and Jones in midfield I'll be fairly happy

Its not great, but its the best we HAVE at the moment to counter Arsenal's play. We cant outpass them, we cant outposses them (not in current form).

Best bet is to shut down as much as possible Ramsey who's in the best form of his career and Ozil. If they're gonna beat us let them do it with their strikers.
I assume DM would go with our strongest lineup with maybe Rafael missing out with injury and maybe Januzaj returning. I wouldn't think AY, Fellaini and Giggs would even get a look in but who knows with Moyes. Chicarito and Kagawa warming the bench again.

DDG
Rafael/smalling Vidic Evans Evra
Carrick Jones
Valencia Rooney Janazaj
RVP
dozer
Legend

6 years ago

I hope Moyes goes for a 4-3-3 with 3 central players.
Fellaini, Carrick (if fit) and Cleverley must play.
Rooney, RVP and Januzaj up front.
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

6 years ago

Sid wrote:If we play like we usually do agains them, then we'll be fine
Like we usually do?

I don't even know what that means anymore.
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
RobDiablo
Legend

6 years ago

Alfonso Bedoya wrote:
Like we usually do? I don't even know what that means anymore.
When I read Sid's comment, I was thinking it's more like, "if they play against us as they have been doing, we'll be fine". Unfortunately, as we have seen in this season and the last, the fear-factor surrounding a match with United is rapidly diminishing. First, the other clubs fancied getting a result at home, and now away as well. Old Trafford isn't seen as the fortress it once was. Our biggest advantage is the fragility of Arsenal's newfound confidence, which won't have been helped by their recent loss to Cheatsea.
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

6 years ago

Nah... I reckon if Arsenal play to their potential, we're going to be humiliated...

Our owners make me sick, our manager makes my ulcer bleed, and our team just makes me sad...
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
Davey-boy
Legend

6 years ago

I'm normally super confident when we play arse but this time, this time I'm expecting us to get arse raped big time. Just can't see how we will live with their pace and movement for 90 minutes. It could get embarrassing.....
We need the quickest midfielders we've got, so that's giggsy isn't it??
Sid
Legend

6 years ago

RobDiablo wrote:
Alfonso Bedoya wrote:
Like we usually do? I don't even know what that means anymore.
When I read Sid's comment, I was thinking it's more like, "if they play against us as they have been doing, we'll be fine". Unfortunately, as we have seen in this season and the last, the fear-factor surrounding a match with United is rapidly diminishing. First, the other clubs fancied getting a result at home, and now away as well. Old Trafford isn't seen as the fortress it once was. Our biggest advantage is the fragility of Arsenal's newfound confidence, which won't have been helped by their recent loss to Cheatsea.
No right Arsenal are fucking stupid. They're shit at the back, their keeper is a wanker and they still don't like to do things off the ball.

So let em piss about on the edge of the area titilating the London press who are wanking in the stands, then hit em on the counter

They've been done by every good team they've played so far. We can do em if we stick to the plan, everybody concentrates and a few key players turn up.
lkhmffsstopmovingabout
Legend

6 years ago

tbf we don't even like to do things on the ball
lkhm

hoofing
marlon
Legend

6 years ago

Arsenal are who they usually are. Looking good for 3rd/4th, behind City and Chelsea. We are not who we usually are. We've not been unlucky in the slightest to be in 8th. The only reason you'd expect United to finish ahead of Southampton or Everton is our depth. Without some major changes, CL football is a massive stretch. Need too many other clubs to fuck up. At the moment, we're looking like we'll get about 60 points - 20 behind City. Probably less than 10 from a CL spot, but there are 7 teams projected to do better than us.