vs Swansea

Forum for match day threads
FuB
Legend

2 years ago

Sid wrote:
2 years ago
After his performance against France I wondee whether Pogba will start
To be fair, if he was playing against France, i'm not sure i'd start him.
I may be able to fix a forum but I can't fix a fuckwit
Lazarus
Legend

2 years ago

Against Swansea we'll need all the 'genuine WC' players we can get. Maybe he'll actually score or get an assist or create some chances......
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
Davel
Legend

2 years ago

not from the halfway line laz, probaly he wont play in all reality ,he will have picked up a knock whilst away with france and the bog brush or ronny mcdonald will replace, if this is so i do hope we get beat. the sooner el loco is gone the better, bring back moyse, or even peter sutcliff :) he has more idea of attacking tactics than him :ymdevil:

(light blue touchpaper) :D
urboystook1hellofabeating
First Teamer

2 years ago

As Pogba played and scored for France I think he has to start this game and if he doesn't then, well, the game is up for Jose and Woodward needs to get Luis Enrique on the phone... if Chelsea snap him up then they will definitely finish top 4 next season with City; so a toss-up between us, Liverpool and Spurs. (I don't think Pochettino would leave Spurs and has never won anything, so my 2nd choice would actually be Ancelotti - he's only 58, titles in England, Italy, Germany and France, plus 3 CL's - 2 Milan, 1 Real. Again, before he either goes back to Chelsea or joins Arsenal, though I also think Wenger will stay on). Despite everything, I feel Jose should get one more year as significant progress has been made, from 6th to 2nd - are we so shite if we are above the rest? - and the Sevilla game apart, I think he has done well especially when the media are wanting him to fail against the backdrop of Pep. (Still think you can get at City's defence and they are not yet up there with the greatest until they have won at least 2 or 3 PL titles and a CL. Reckon Liverpool might do them!)
Going back to Pogba, I think he really needs to calm his ego and realise that his team-mates deserve more support. Yes, in a 3 would be great but I just feel the likes of Mata and Lingard (on form) need to start and 4-3-3 would only work if we played like a Pep side but Jose never has - ie.
De Gea, Valencia-Bailly-Blind-Shaw, Mata-Matic-Pogba, Lingard-Lukaku-Rashford

---so why can't we play like Arsenal away, despite the defensive frailties, where Pogba was in a 2 with Matic and played brilliantly before being sent off (flanked by wingbacks in a 3-4-3) - clearly we don't have the CBs available for that formation atm and the Lingard-Lukaku-Martial axis up top has been blow apart by Sanchez trying to play like he did at Arsenal, so I would go with this vs Swansea:

De Gea

Valencia
Bailly
Lindelof
Shaw

Matic
Pogba

Mata
Lingard
Rashford

Lukaku

Romero, Young and McTominay might all be out injured for this one - plus Rojo, Jones and Herrera.

---or even rest Lukaku and play Sanchez up top so Pogba doesn't get in his way on the left side and Sanchez has less time to try too hard - he needs to just be instinctive and not force it. Even play Sanchez on the right and rest Lingard after England duty, with Mata centrally.

For me, Sanchez is Ibrahimovic's replacement. He should accept that the likes of Martial and Rashford have played pretty well on the left and so he needs to play on the right sometimes and Jose should rotate Lukaku a little more as he must be getting tired playing so many games - look what happened when Zlatan played too much - almost ended his career!

Apologies for digressing from the match focus of the thread btw
FuB
Legend

2 years ago

In what way do you think you've digressed from the focus of the thread?! Seems pretty on topic for me. You should post more.
I may be able to fix a forum but I can't fix a fuckwit
brianofnazarethffs
Legend

2 years ago

Let’s batter these cunts.
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...

Rant's official saviour, International Lovemaker to the Stars and prince of cunts
Lazarus
Legend

2 years ago

:joint: Woooooo Whoooooo!
Lazarus
Legend

2 years ago

Man Utd: de Gea, Valencia, Lindelof, Smalling, Young, Matic, Pogba, Mata, Lingard, Sanchez, Lukaku.

Subs: Bailly, Martial, Rashford, Ander Herrera, Shaw, McTominay, Joel Pereira

Pogba starts! Bailly on the bench ...?
Sid
Legend

2 years ago

Pogba to boss it
Lazarus
Legend

2 years ago

You'd like to think he would..... I'd eat humble pie by the bucketful if he'd turn it around and start playing. Better late than never....