V's Spurs FA Cup Semi Final

Forum for match day threads
bman2
Legend

2 years ago

There's not much more you could ask for from that second half. If Lukaku and Rashford had combined better on that breakaway for a goal, it would have been perfect. Shut Spurs down, at home, but still had some danger in attack.

The football can be boring as fuck, but to be fair to Jose, he's made us a credible outfit again. Sevilla was a proper embarrassment, but otherwise we're gradually showing we're competitive again. I think we have to stick with him and back him, it's not like there's a credible alternative available.

Martial looked proper unhappy at the end, he's gone, no doubt.

I think this Spurs side is done. They'll start to get picked apart this summer. Poch should still be proud though, he's had nothing to spend, it's still an impressive accomplishment. Leicester's title was their big chance, Jose's just applied the coup de grace.
Sid
Legend

2 years ago

I'm not sure Spurs are finished just yet Bman. They absolutely battered us at their ground, and dominated us without Kane at Old Trafford. But yeah I think it is time they revamped their attack and brought some new ideas in. They've had the same lineup for 3 or 4 years now. It depends whether Levy wants to spend some money though. Not sure how much they've got with that new stadium to pay off.
marlon
Legend

2 years ago

Half the Spurs team is a bodge. Trippier and Davies were reserves last year. Sanchez is shit. Their midfield is just functional. Lloris, Vertonghen and a very good front 4. They need to spend, but there's plenty of room for improvement in the squad.
Snoopcousins
Legend

2 years ago

Sid - we didn’t just creep over the line! We held them off with apparent ease tbf...we done a job on them and got everytging right- after we got our act together after 20 mins

And they only ‘’battered’ us last game because of freak early goal.

Pogba good again, disciplined performance - but seemed to be unhappy with players around him first 20 mins....he had to cover for Young a lot.

Some people seemed to be watching that on a heat map or something - but is a joke to suggest we only score when not following orders - does Jose not want us to tackle/pass/cross/shoot?!
He got he tactics spot on today again
Halfway between the gutter and the stars

“I don't have any real proof and I can't be arsed to find any. But I bet I’m right” - Sid, 6th March 2018
lkhmffsstopmovingabout
Legend

2 years ago

did we tap up rose or albowenreld
lkhm

hoofing
lkhmffsstopmovingabout
Legend

2 years ago

I’ll always fucking love jonesy tbf

the rest are twats mind, good win tho
lkhm

hoofing
bman2
Legend

2 years ago

Jones is a classy looking beast on his good days. Isn’t he still only 26 or so?
Sid
Legend

2 years ago

This is still him on a bad day though

brianofnazarethffs
Legend

2 years ago

Sid wrote:
2 years ago
This is still him on a bad day though

😂😂
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...

Rant's official saviour, International Lovemaker to the Stars and prince of cunts
Lazarus
Legend

2 years ago

:)) ..... only the horse looks like it's going to get up again and isn't injured.
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X