1 year ago

Anything but a win is a fuck up........
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
bman2
Legend

1 year ago

Sid wrote:
1 year ago
"If they play tomorrow they play after four days," Mourinho added of the returning players. "One thing is what you can expect from the players with a proper pre-season and another is what you expect from a player with three or four days training."

I swear he's the only manager moaning about this. None of the others are. He's getting his excuses in early.
Nah Jose’s totally right to complain about the schedule this summer. Why the fuck the hurry? Can’t even wait to Sunday? We’re playing on a Friday evening in early August the same summer there was a world cup, it’s ridiculous. Is there anyone who even wants the league to start up again this weekend?

That said, he needs to get on with it and make the best of it. But I can see how a guy who’s won many titles by starting strong would be especially fucked off by this situation.
bman2
Legend

1 year ago

I’m sure I’m not the only one who won’t even be able to watch tonight’s match.
Sid
Legend

1 year ago

bman2 wrote:
1 year ago
Sid wrote:
1 year ago
"If they play tomorrow they play after four days," Mourinho added of the returning players. "One thing is what you can expect from the players with a proper pre-season and another is what you expect from a player with three or four days training."

I swear he's the only manager moaning about this. None of the others are. He's getting his excuses in early.
Nah Jose’s totally right to complain about the schedule this summer. Why the fuck the hurry? Can’t even wait to Sunday? We’re playing on a Friday evening in early August the same summer there was a world cup, it’s ridiculous. Is there anyone who even wants the league to start up again this weekend?

That said, he needs to get on with it and make the best of it. But I can see how a guy who’s won many titles by starting strong would be especially fucked off by this situation.
It is bullshit, aye. The league is starting too early and the quality of games will suffer. What's the point in rushing ahead with the season if some of the stars, aka the reason fans tune in, aren't ready to play.

But my point is that it's the same for all managers, all clubs. Yet Jose is the only one crying about it. It looks bad, it's really defeatist. City and Liverpool will be looking at us and thinking we aren't up for the fight, that we're already defeated. It gives them incentive to build up a head of steam because if we're 10/15 points off after a couple of months we're probably finished as a title contender.
Lazarus
Legend

1 year ago

bman2 wrote:
1 year ago
Sid wrote:
1 year ago

Yeah you'd have thought they'd have told him about it at some stage over the last two years........ he probably didn't even have time to pack properly and he lives in a hotel!!!!!
Lazarus
Legend

1 year ago

Sid wrote:
1 year ago
bman2 wrote:
1 year ago
Sid wrote:
1 year ago

It is bullshit, aye. The league is starting too early and the quality of games will suffer. What's the point in rushing ahead with the season if some of the stars, aka the reason fans tune in, aren't ready to play.

But my point is that it's the same for all managers, all clubs. Yet Jose is the only one crying about it. It looks bad, it's really defeatist. City and Liverpool will be looking at us and thinking we aren't up for the fight, that we're already defeated. It gives them incentive to build up a head of steam because if we're 10/15 points off after a couple of months we're probably finished as a title contender.
Try 6 points, if we drop 6 points i can't see us getting them back because Jose will lose the plot. Two losses. One loss, three draws. Or six draws, will fuck him up....

I just can't see him reinventing us enough to be winning and entertaining, it will be cautious, grinding out shite like the last two years. I mean is anyone expecting us to come out of the blocks tonight attacking and putting constant pressure on? Remember all the 4-0's at the start of last season and we were still shite....
ashleyfuckingyoung
Legend

1 year ago

The league is starting early, and it is bollocks. But it’s the same for everyone.

De Gea
Valencia Smalling Bailly Shaw
Fred Matic Herrera
Mata Rashford Sanchez

That’s a side that played either little or no football this summer. They’ve nearly all had a break and decent pre season. Rashford played very little in the World Cup and is young enough that it should’nt be a problem. De Gea went out early and is a keeper anyway so physical fatigue won’t be an issue. That just leaves Matic. He’s older but he still didn’t get beyond the early stages and if he needs longer, play Perreira.

It’s all just noise. Smoke and mirrors, and now everyone’s awake to it.

There’s zero fucking reason not to put in a winning and energetic performance tonight.
ashleyfuckingyoung
Legend

1 year ago

That said, if Mourinho is imploding I wouldn’t be surprised to see a starting line up that has a couple of kids, and the bench full of em, just to make a point. And Martial won’t be anywhere to be fucking seen.
Lazarus
Legend

1 year ago

ashleyfuckingyoung wrote:
1 year ago
The league is starting early, and it is bollocks. But it’s the same for everyone.

De Gea
Fred Matic Herrera
Mata Rashford Sanchez

That’s a side that played either little or no football this summer. They’ve nearly all had a break and decent pre season. Rashford played very little in the World Cup and is young enough that it should’nt be a problem. De Gea went out early and is a keeper anyway so physical fatigue won’t be an issue. That just leaves Matic. He’s older but he still didn’t get beyond the early stages and if he needs longer, play Perreira.

There’s zero fucking reason not to put in a winning and energetic performance tonight.
I think Val, Smalling, Bailly and Matic are injured.....
ashleyfuckingyoung
Legend

1 year ago

Lazarus wrote:
1 year ago
ashleyfuckingyoung wrote:
1 year ago

De Gea
Fred Matic Herrera
Mata Rashford Sanchez

I think Val, Smalling, Bailly and Matic are injured.....

FFS.