Legend

1 year ago

ashleyfuckingyoung wrote:
1 year ago
Sid wrote:
1 year ago
ashleyfuckingyoung wrote:
1 year ago
Didnt watch. How the fuck have we done that then? Sounds like a proper smash and grab job.
Mata's brilliance and a flukey own goal. Juve should have been out of sight but they missed chances. A couple of times they had De Gea beat but they shanked their shots. You can tell from Joses reaction he didn't expect this. Shame they won't be allowed to keep it up over a season, because we have quality.
His post match presser has fucked me off too. Just for a change. He was asked where this ranked amongst United's previous 'heroics in Italy'. And he talks about how we had the better side when we won here in 99, but now Juventus have the better side 'because they're going out and spending to build a team capable of winning everything'.

Net spend under Jose = £315m
Juve Net spend in the same time = £170m

7 of the starting Juve 11 last night have signed for them in the time that Jose has been here, so they've all been on the free market. Stop fucking moaning Jose.
He's getting in another dig at Woodward. This is the thing, when he gets a big result he lords it up. He's had a pop at the Juve fans, the FA, now Woodward. But when we lose, and he understandably gets criticised, he can't hack it so he reverts back into his bitter shell.
Lazarus
Legend

1 year ago

sheesh wrote:
1 year ago
I have to say that I'm pleased that we've been showing some fight in the last few matches, although it doesn't mask over the glaring deficiencies in some of the players. Defensively we look really vulnerable.

Juventus were the better team last night and should have won. They clearly have a better quality side and they created more chances, but we were never totally out of the game. We stuck at it. Fair play. It goes without saying, though, that we're still nowhere near where we need to be.

I fear what a free-scoring City side will do to us, but let's see.
It's NOT the players...... :wall:
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
sheesh
Legend

1 year ago

Lazarus wrote:
1 year ago
sheesh wrote:
1 year ago
I have to say that I'm pleased that we've been showing some fight in the last few matches, although it doesn't mask over the glaring deficiencies in some of the players. Defensively we look really vulnerable.

Juventus were the better team last night and should have won. They clearly have a better quality side and they created more chances, but we were never totally out of the game. We stuck at it. Fair play. It goes without saying, though, that we're still nowhere near where we need to be.

I fear what a free-scoring City side will do to us, but let's see.
It's NOT the players...... :wall:
It is, to an extent.

I'm not defending Mourinho here, and certainly accept that the way we set up is also a factor, but certain players aren't good enough. Smalling, Lindelof, etc. Hence why I said that defensively we look really vulnerable.
dozer
Legend

1 year ago

How did Lindelof play? Couldn't watch the game unfortunately.