vs Fulham

Forum for match day threads
Anantax
Legend

7 years ago

The below is depressingly hilarious..taken from an espnfc article:

"They're 1-0 down against a team that isn't even set up to score," observed Gary Neville in the TV studios.

Hull City recently steamrolled Fulham to the tune of 6-0. United went in at half-time a goal down and with their full-strength team on the pitch
lkhmffsstopmovingabout
Legend

7 years ago

should be noted the equaliser was another goal caused by bellendcia at right back
lkhm

hoofing
Anantax
Legend

7 years ago

lkhmffsstopmovingabout wrote:should be noted the equaliser was another goal caused by bellendcia at right back
AND Vidic making a mess of a starightforward uncontested header

AND Carrick being way too easily muscled off the ball

Plenty of blame to go around for that goal. But the 90 minutes that preceded it, and the manager who masterminded it, is the real problem....
marlon
Legend

7 years ago

Vidic also lost Bent in the box after those mistakes
dozer
Legend

7 years ago

Vidic has regressed really. he's useless of corners now too.
Davey-boy
Legend

7 years ago

dozer wrote:Vidic has regressed really. he's useless of corners now too.
Time to play jones and Smalling every game they're fit until the end of season to see if they can form a decent partnership.
marlon
Legend

7 years ago

Already got a good partnership in Smalling-Evans
Edfuckingwoodward
Legend

7 years ago

I don't rate Smalling. Evans and Jones for me, with the best centre half we can get signed in the summer to partner Jones next season.
lars072
Legend

7 years ago

ashleyfuckingyoung wrote:I don't rate Smalling. Evans and Jones for me, with the best centre half we can get signed in the summer to partner Jones next season.
Yeah I agree with this. Rio and Vidic just can't arsed to play anymore and Smalling ~ meh. Give jones and Evans a chance at CB. Guess we have to stick with Evra though.
marlon
Legend

7 years ago

Over the last 2.5 seasons, Jones-Evans has not had a lot of game time, but they've looked pretty good. Smalling-Evans by far our best pairing defensively though. Jones definitely has more potential than Smalling so it's probably worth giving him a chance though. Losing Vidic won't be too much of a blow. He's been good defensively, but is such an anchor going forward.