vs Reading

Forum for match day threads
dozer
Legend

10 months ago

This game was terrible. Jose ball. I could barely stay awake.
Sid
Legend

10 months ago

ashleyfuckingyoung wrote:
10 months ago
Jose rightly came on for criticism in relation to the way he set us up. Performances like today became systemic.

But often, the type of player you have dictates the style of performance. Even making allowances for the fact that we’re looking to change style, and it was a thrown together side - some players can’t cut it here. McTominay in that pivotal holding midfield role - doesn’t have anywhere near the quality. He’s probably league one standard, so you’re never going to control possession with him in there. Fred must have something about him, but he hasn’t shown it. It’s early days so I’ll make allowances, and I have some sympathy with Perreira because he’s never really had a run - but he struggled today. That midfield display - individually and collectively, was atrocious. Lukaku compromises our team performance - off the ball, he’s laboured and doesn’t press the opposition. And with the ball, the cunt has no technical ability. In the box he’s fine but he shouldn’t be a man united player.

To re-assemble a top squad we need probably 7-8 out and the same amount in. That said, 3 or 4 quality additions before next season could transform us.
McTominay was promoted by Pulis to sleight Pogba
Steggo
Legend

10 months ago

dozer wrote:
10 months ago
This game was terrible. Jose ball. I could barely stay awake.
What utter bullshit. Do you think we never played that way under Ferguson,Docherty,Busby?. Stop comparing poor performances to when Mourinho was here. You could have a valid argument if we hadn't made 9 changes and played players that obviously won't be here next season. No-it wasn't a good performance but that is in no way unique in Uniteds history. And if we play that way against Spurs and get a result-fantastic. If we play the way we have been playing in the last 4 league games and get a result-fantastic. But lets not let Mourinhos grim shadow cast itself over every poor performance..