v Brighton

Forum for match day threads
Sid
Legend

9 months ago

dozer wrote:
9 months ago
Ole said his team must outrun the opposition. This means we're probably fucked running within 60 mins.
Fitness levels were shite under the bus driver. Our running stats were one of the worst in the Prem. Question is can they improve their fitness midseason. Is that even possible?
FuB
Legend

9 months ago

Sid wrote:
9 months ago
dozer wrote:
9 months ago
Ole said his team must outrun the opposition. This means we're probably fucked running within 60 mins.
Fitness levels were shite under the bus driver. Our running stats were one of the worst in the Prem. Question is can they improve their fitness midseason. Is that even possible?
Brighton went for it bigtime in the last half hour so it's clearly been noted by other clubs that we're flagging after an hour.
I may be able to fix a forum but I can't fix a fuckwit
dozer
Legend

9 months ago

Also probably explains why Jose was quite good at getting goals in the last 10-20 mins compared to other teams.
I wonder if with this strategy of Solksjaer we'll struggle to come back into the game if we are behind after an hour
Although I'd rather we be aggressive in the first hour rather than scramble for goals in the last half.
Sid
Legend

9 months ago

FuB wrote:
9 months ago
Sid wrote:
9 months ago
dozer wrote:
9 months ago
Brighton went for it bigtime in the last half hour so it's clearly been noted by other clubs that we're flagging after an hour.
Aye, you don't get away with anything for long, especially when teams know they can get at our defenders

It's not just fitness levels that have suffered because of Joses defensive hoofball shite, it's the defensive / frail mentality he created after 2 and a half years of brutal conditioning. We sometimes still default to Joses flawed idea of getting rid of the ball and inviting pressure for the last 30 mins. We need to fuck that off, get hold of the ball, and pass & move to see games out like top teams do. But that takes time to relearn, and a bit of swagger and confidence, which is hard because these are the same players that Jose publicly slagged and openly tried to replace, so their confidence is pretty fucking damaged.

Fair enough, they're shite. But making that obvious is no good for the team because it kills their confidence and ability. But then it was a self fulfilling prophecy for the bus driver, because it made them worse and thus reconfirmed his stance that he needed replacements.