vs Arsenal (FA Cup)

Forum for match day threads
FuB
Legend

1 year ago

sheesh wrote:
1 year ago
I thought Pogba got better as the game went on. I really like Lingard; he has an in game intelligence that people often don't see. He's a savvy player.
I think Lingard has come under far too much undue criticism. He certainly isn't, never was and never will be the greatest player we've seen but, even when we had to watch jose-ball, he was the only cunt consistently trying to move the ball forward with pace. his finishing has always been questionable if he gets time to think about it but maybe even that's changing because he had time to think for his goal tonight.

The other player who's been slagged off and never deserved it is Herrera. He's just as central to this new dawn but got a bad press for not being amazing in roles he was unsuitable for and shoehorned into for the last 4 years. Finally he's playing at a speed he knows how to play at and in a system he can excel, and that's what he's doing.
I may be able to fix a forum but I can't fix a fuckwit
Edfuckingwoodward
Legend

1 year ago

Good result and an impressive win. It's all the more impressive because for all that there's much to be pleased about, there are obvious areas for improvement through a combination of coaching and recruitment.
dozer
Legend

1 year ago

This was an excellent game. Unlike Tottenham we didn't sit back in the second half and arsenal never threatened in the second half. I hope we learn form this and don't go too defensive against big teams.
Whitapers
Youth Teamer

1 year ago

I see I have been missed, even on the match day. And yes, football won, good game. Beep. And I have been upgraded to Youth Teamer, nice.
sheesh
Legend

1 year ago

FuB wrote:
1 year ago
sheesh wrote:
1 year ago
I thought Pogba got better as the game went on. I really like Lingard; he has an in game intelligence that people often don't see. He's a savvy player.
I think Lingard has come under far too much undue criticism. He certainly isn't, never was and never will be the greatest player we've seen but, even when we had to watch jose-ball, he was the only cunt consistently trying to move the ball forward with pace. his finishing has always been questionable if he gets time to think about it but maybe even that's changing because he had time to think for his goal tonight.

The other player who's been slagged off and never deserved it is Herrera. He's just as central to this new dawn but got a bad press for not being amazing in roles he was unsuitable for and shoehorned into for the last 4 years. Finally he's playing at a speed he knows how to play at and in a system he can excel, and that's what he's doing.
Re Lingard, as you say, he's never going to be a world-beater but you know what you're going to get from him. He's a consistent performer. If he isn't scoring, he's at least contributing to the team in some other way.