vs Watford

Forum for match day threads
bman2
Legend

5 months ago

Got away with it. But coming off two losses and the international break, playing at home... not a good sign.
sheesh
Legend

5 months ago

ashleyfuckingyoung wrote:
5 months ago
It’s a win, but it’s concerning that the performances have been getting worse over the last month.
I wasn't sure if it was just me who was thinking this. I know that we had injuries, but we've not looked right post PSG.
Sid
Legend

5 months ago

5 months ago
It’s a win, but it’s concerning that the performances have been getting worse over the last month.
Some of the blame has to go down to injuries. We got a few back before the international break but they need match sharpness. See how they do in a couple of weeks now that almost everybody is back.

I also just think we're coasting like we used to, just doing enough, because we've got bigger fish to fry in the CL
bman2
Legend

5 months ago

We've conceded in our last six games. In fact, in the last five we've scored nine times and conceded eight times. And we play Wolves and Barca next...
Lazarus
Legend

5 months ago

A bit ropey but a win all the same.
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
marlon
Legend

5 months ago

It's still the midfield. Can't (and I think don't try to) keep the ball and don't win it back. We should move on from our older 'reliable' players. Matic, Mata, Young - consistently average. Pogba, Martial etc can be frustrating but sometimes they actually do things
Lazarus
Legend

5 months ago

FuB wrote:
5 months ago
marlon wrote:
5 months ago
FuB wrote:
5 months ago
marlon wrote:
5 months ago
Should get Fred or Pereira on for Mata and shift Pogba forward
This diamond isn't helping at all. They're more concerned with keeping shape than anything else
hence freeing pogba, but now he's holding?
yeah. obviously he doesn't want to be freed up otherwise it'd get in the way of Laz's narrative
:)) That new found narrative I have with Pogba. Funny how he just keeps proving me right, manager after manager, game after game, year after year, fanboy after fanboy.
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
ashleyfuckingyoung
Legend

5 months ago

Sid wrote:
5 months ago
5 months ago
Some of the blame has to go down to injuries. We got a few back before the international break but they need match sharpness. See how they do in a couple of weeks now that almost everybody is back.

I also just think we're coasting like we used to, just doing enough, because we've got bigger fish to fry in the CL

Yeah fair point. It’s the tempo and urgency that’s dropped. Could be just a lack of sharpness - it needs putting right though.
Sid
Legend

5 months ago

5 months ago
Sid wrote:
5 months ago
5 months ago

Yeah fair point. It’s the tempo and urgency that’s dropped. Could be just a lack of sharpness - it needs putting right though.
Tbf it's as if we've reverted to type now the Ole effect has worn off and the players got knackered doing the high press. We're looking like the squad Jose built; defensive and counterattacking. And there's nowt wrong with that when it's done well and is effective. Problem under Pulis was it was bus parking and long balls.
marlon
Legend

5 months ago

Lazarus wrote:
5 months ago
FuB wrote:
5 months ago
marlon wrote:
5 months ago
FuB wrote:
5 months ago
marlon wrote:
5 months ago
Should get Fred or Pereira on for Mata and shift Pogba forward
This diamond isn't helping at all. They're more concerned with keeping shape than anything else
hence freeing pogba, but now he's holding?
yeah. obviously he doesn't want to be freed up otherwise it'd get in the way of Laz's narrative
:)) That new found narrative I have with Pogba. Funny how he just keeps proving me right, manager after manager, game after game, year after year, fanboy after fanboy.
Proving you right by being the top scoring and top assisting cm in the league