vs Cardiff

Forum for match day threads
Edfuckingwoodward
Legend

1 year ago

It'll always be there Laz, I wont lie. But I'll just make less of an effort, to make the effort to watch games and follow our news online.

I'm at a similar age to Bri and about to move into a new job - big opportunity, different part of the country and I'll just put my effort and focus entirely into that - which probably isn't a bad idea anyway!!!
Lazarus
Legend

1 year ago

ashleyfuckingyoung wrote:
1 year ago
It'll always be there Laz, I wont lie. But I'll just make less of an effort, to make the effort to watch games and follow our news online.

I'm at a similar age to Bri and about to move into a new job - big opportunity, different part of the country and I'll just put my effort and focus entirely into that - which probably isn't a bad idea anyway!!!
Good news about the job. Good luck Ash!
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
Edfuckingwoodward
Legend

1 year ago

Lazarus wrote:
1 year ago
1 year ago

Good news about the job. Good luck Ash!
Cheers pal, appreciated. Solihull based and I don't know that area at all, so bit of a new adventure as I may end up relocating there if it goes well.
lkhmffsstopmovingabout
Legend

1 year ago

the bit about linshite is true tbf, 27 year old attacker with 17 career goals a fashion label and 100k a week, a shitter player than keiron richardsen but will spend the rest of his career at the club based on goals against soton an palace, never gets stick for obvious reasons tbf
lkhm

hoofing
brianofnazarethffs
Legend

1 year ago

1 year ago
brianofnazarethffs wrote:
1 year ago
It may be the last game I watch for a while. Seriously. I'm so disheartened and it's the first time in my life that I actually HATE a United team - there's not one I like. I've always had issues with the odd player who I can't take to; but never an entire team.

It's not even about winning trophies etc... we've been spoilt for way longer than most teams... a 25 year dominantion is amazing and may never happen again... of course will take us a few years to adjust as fans. That's not my issue. I wanted to make that clear.

I have struggled with 'liking' the modern footballer for a few years now...maybe it's my age as I approach my late 30's. What I cannot do anymore is let myself get annoyed, angry and allow this team to spoil my day. They don't care, why should I? The bang average cunts like Lingard holding our club to ransom...the cheeky cunt is at best an Everton/Newcastle level player. I can't stand him and he epitomizes everything I hate with the modern game.

I don't care how much players are paid, never have as the club makes enough. Spending money isn't a problem for us either...we've done plenty of that. It's the lack of soul... from the Glazer's down.

I can't honestly see it changing any time soon either. So depressing.I'll still be on here of course, you lucky cunts.

For me, this summer will tell you everything you need to know about the next 5-10 years. If it's the same as the last few I'm done.

I
Bravo that man. Couldn’t have said it any better - I’m right there with you Bri.
🤗
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...

Rant's official saviour, International Lovemaker to the Stars and prince of cunts
brianofnazarethffs
Legend

1 year ago

1 year ago

Congratulations mate on the job! Make sure the "boss" supplies you with some lube... you shouldn't have to pay.

Rant's official saviour, International Lovemaker to the Stars and prince of cunts
brianofnazarethffs
Legend

1 year ago

Lazarus wrote:
1 year ago
1 year ago
1 year ago
It may be the last game I watch for a while. Seriously. I'm so disheartened and it's the first time in my life that I actually HATE a United team - there's not one I like. I've always had issues with the odd player who I can't take to; but never an entire team.

It's not even about winning trophies etc... we've been spoilt for way longer than most teams... a 25 year dominantion is amazing and may never happen again... of course will take us a few years to adjust as fans. That's not my issue. I wanted to make that clear.

I have struggled with 'liking' the modern footballer for a few years now...maybe it's my age as I approach my late 30's. What I cannot do anymore is let myself get annoyed, angry and allow this team to spoil my day. They don't care, why should I? The bang average cunts like Lingard holding our club to ransom...the cheeky cunt is at best an Everton/Newcastle level player. I can't stand him and he epitomizes everything I hate with the modern game.

I don't care how much players are paid, never have as the club makes enough. Spending money isn't a problem for us either...we've done plenty of that. It's the lack of soul... from the Glazer's down.

I can't honestly see it changing any time soon either. So depressing.I'll still be on here of course, you lucky cunts.

For me, this summer will tell you everything you need to know about the next 5-10 years. If it's the same as the last few I'm done.

I
Bravo that man. Couldn’t have said it any better - I’m right there with you Bri.
I agree with most of those points but what are you going to do deny that your a United fan....... I can't do it and tried for a while during the Green and Gold bollocks. Bri you've been gurning about this for pretty much the same period of time, it's part of the fun.......

As for the summer, there are a few posters still on here who claimed Jose had some great summer signings and he got them done early and even a bit of "well done Woodward". Let's see what Ole does and then judge how well he's done when the players he's got settle in.

You know you love it!!! :-BD
Same as what Ash has said, just won't put much effort in mate!

sheesh
Legend

1 year ago

That long post was well-written, Bri.

I think most fans are in the same boat. Pissed off at the state of the club, but there's also a sense of inertia. We've all been angry for a while but the owners and CEO don't give a shit. Doesn't look like there will be any light at the end of the tunnel for a while. I'm certainly not expecting big things this summer.
swampash
Legend

1 year ago

1 year ago

I
Ditto all that. I’m watching far more second division Bundesliga football these days. And rugby.
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits...
Sid
Legend

1 year ago

I watched england through 20 years of bollocks, dinosaur football, mismanagement and thatcher chants so I'll keep following United as closely as ever. But I won't give em money. Stopped that when the Glazers took over.