Forum for match day threads
Lazarus
Legend

4 weeks ago

FuB wrote:
4 weeks ago
dozer wrote:
4 weeks ago
Fellaini doesn't look so bad now does he? He's way better than these midfielders. In fact he probably struggled because of the shite players around him
I bet he wishes he'd had a chance to play with Pereira
I made the same point with Fella as i did with Pereira only Fella cost 28 mill, was older and had much more experience.
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
RedDevilinAZ
First Teamer

4 weeks ago

FuB wrote:
4 weeks ago
bman2 wrote:
4 weeks ago
FuB wrote:
4 weeks ago
bman2 wrote:
4 weeks ago
Ole is going to go down in infamy as the twat who sold half his squad and didn't replace them.
I do feel sorry for him in that respect but, as Knobby has been pointing out plenty of times, Ole should have had the balls to know it wasn't going to work out and walk.
The fact that we were making serious inquiries about Dybala, whatsisname at Juve, and Eriksen at the close of the window shows that he knew himself we were taking a huge risk. Why we were scrabbling ineffectually at the close of the window is of course a pertinent fucking question.
Absolutely.

To be fair, Woodward has played a blinder here: get in the "fan's choice" young, hungry manager and let him fuck up. It'll be his inexperience and lack of credentials that get blamed and it detracts a bit from Woodward's two big name fuck-ups because, ultimately, they'll have done "better".
I have no doubts that Woodward will try and spin his latest debacle so that Ole catch the blame, and for non football people (read that as stockholders) he might even get by with it. However the reason that the club is in the state it is falls directly at Woodward and the Glazers doorstep. While Ole’s inexperience and naivety have had a part to play this season the decline of our team has been years in the making and while Woodward believes that profits can be maximized without actually winning anything it is not likely to change much.
sheesh
Legend

4 weeks ago

FuB wrote:
4 weeks ago
bman2 wrote:
4 weeks ago
FuB wrote:
4 weeks ago
bman2 wrote:
4 weeks ago
Ole is going to go down in infamy as the twat who sold half his squad and didn't replace them.
I do feel sorry for him in that respect but, as Knobby has been pointing out plenty of times, Ole should have had the balls to know it wasn't going to work out and walk.
The fact that we were making serious inquiries about Dybala, whatsisname at Juve, and Eriksen at the close of the window shows that he knew himself we were taking a huge risk. Why we were scrabbling ineffectually at the close of the window is of course a pertinent fucking question.
Absolutely.

To be fair, Woodward has played a blinder here: get in the "fan's choice" young, hungry manager and let him fuck up. It'll be his inexperience and lack of credentials that get blamed and it detracts a bit from Woodward's two big name fuck-ups because, ultimately, they'll have done "better".
I think the fans will go after Woodward if this season is a shit show.

Although I'll always be a United fan, I'm losing interest in this side tbf. The club has no ambition to compete with the best teams in Europe. Nothing will change until the owners have gone, and who knows when that will be?

I've joined a Sunday league team myself, where we are also shite. Especially me.
FuB
Legend

4 weeks ago

RedDevilinAZ wrote:
4 weeks ago
FuB wrote:
4 weeks ago
bman2 wrote:
4 weeks ago
FuB wrote:
4 weeks ago
bman2 wrote:
4 weeks ago
Absolutely.

I have no doubts that Woodward will try and spin his latest debacle so that Ole catch the blame, and for non football people (read that as stockholders) he might even get by with it. However the reason that the club is in the state it is falls directly at Woodward and the Glazers doorstep. While Ole’s inexperience and naivety have had a part to play this season the decline of our team has been years in the making and while Woodward believes that profits can be maximized without actually winning anything it is not likely to change much.
I don't disagree with this at all but the situation will be that Woodward can say "well, I made some shit choices and 'you lot' (the fans) made a shit choice too... what's a poor CEO to do in this day and age?". Every fucker and his dog knows it's down to the Glazers but Woodward's been (rightly) the most exposed hate figure in recent years and much of the rhetoric is based on his lack of any football credentials. He's just backed a fan's choice, United through and through man moulded in the image of Ferguson... and that's going (gone) wrong too.
I may be able to fix a forum but I can't fix a fuckwit
FuB
Legend

4 weeks ago

sheesh wrote:
4 weeks ago
FuB wrote:
4 weeks ago
bman2 wrote:
4 weeks ago
FuB wrote:
4 weeks ago
bman2 wrote:
4 weeks ago
Absolutely.

Although I'll always be a United fan, I'm losing interest in this side tbf. The club has no ambition to compete with the best teams in Europe. Nothing will change until the owners have gone, and who knows when that will be?

I've joined a Sunday league team myself, where we are also shite. Especially me.
See my suggestion above as to why I feel Woodward might even be cynical enough to use Ole as a "it's not my fault" get out clause for his ineptitude.

Re sunday league team: are you shite but with a sense of determination to actually not be shite? this would set you apart from what we've been watching lately.
bman2
Legend

4 weeks ago

sheesh wrote:
4 weeks ago

I think the fans are already going after Woodward. I agree about losing interest. It gets to the point where you start to feel like you're being played for a fool by the people who own and run the club. We're not entitled to win, but an ambition to compete is a bare minimum. It's getting harder to feel that the club actually cares about football.
sheesh
Legend

4 weeks ago

We are trying not to be shite, but just are. TBF, aside from the quality issue, the players we're up against are younger, faster and fitter. We're not playing against 40-something men with their tummies sticking out (the stereotypical pub team).
FuB
Legend

4 weeks ago

sheesh wrote:
4 weeks ago
We are trying not to be shite, but just are. TBF, aside from the quality issue, the players we're up against are younger, faster and fitter. We're not playing against 40-something men with their tummies sticking out (the stereotypical pub team).
are you still doing the learning to cook thing? the current united-interest levels should do wonders with that
sheesh
Legend

4 weeks ago

Yeah I've been doing the cooking for a while, Fub. I just make easy dishes, really, rather than anything fancy.
Lazarus
Legend

4 weeks ago

The club are going to do what they're going to do under the Glazers. Ole knew this, for me it's down to him how we play and how up for it the players are. Money has been spent, players have been bought, Ole watched it all like we did, then he took the money and the chance. It's his job now either he'll improve us or he'll not improve us. He has to have time like all the previous managers got, i think we've all agreed over the years that next Christmas should be the time that decision should be made. For me it's disappointing so far, but as the stats show since he took over he's 3rd behind Liverpool and City for points won (48 in 26 games) he needs time. Or we could just go for Bruce......
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X