Forum for match day threads
bman2
Legend

6 months ago

ashleyfuckingyoung wrote:
6 months ago
swampash wrote:
7 months ago
Re McT - you can train a player to pass but not to have guts. I’d stick with him and invest in teaching him how to pass. It’s an easier option than taking a passer and trying to graft on some bollox imho.
His passing is perhaps more exposed because we don't have proper, creative and technical midfielders in front of him. Get him shielding the back 4 and keeping it simple and he'll be spot on. A young, more mobile equivalent of a Matic. In his prime, Matic was a top player for championship winning sides.
Basically he’s a José midfielder. Great to have in your squad, but I’m not sure it’s where I want to see the new United going as Plan A. Why can’t we be the team that passes the opposition to death? We’ve the money to be that team. Ferguson played geezer Giggs in midfield rather than turn to stopper units, he’d deploy a CB if he needed that for a special job. But we’re still in Fellaini’s shadow, anyone with a bit more quality than Fella is cheered as future united captain.

We’ve got the midfielders clubs like Leicester used to have, and praise them for putting themselves about, while clubs like Leicester piss on us.
swampash
Legend

6 months ago

Think that’s a bit harsh bman. I agree he needs some coaching but if he gets the right input I think he could be a real asset and a regular first choice pick.
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits...
Edfuckingwoodward
Legend

6 months ago

Yeah I agree that's harsh. I want a United side built on speed and technical brilliance too. And McT will never be Xavi. But stick one or two proper technicians next to him and the right blend up front and out wide, I think he's fine.

Ultimately though our midfield is a train wreck. Pogba out and 3 new ones in is probably what's needed.
Sid
Legend

6 months ago

He was fucking class tbf proving a point to Joey thar he ain't no fullback

Lazarus
Legend

6 months ago

Sid wrote:
6 months ago

We've always backed him tbf and he's taken plenty of shit on here for a young player. The excuse Pogba always got was he was surrounded by donkeys and he'd be WC if he had WC players around him. Imagine what Rashford could achieve if he had WC players that want to play for us around him? And McT as Ash and Swampy say.
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
dozer
Legend

6 months ago

Mct looks like the best player coming out of the academy since the class of 92. I'm not sure about Rashford but he's better than Welbeck. Mct has the potential to be a top top player like Essien
Sid
Legend

6 months ago

Lazarus wrote:
6 months ago
Sid wrote:
6 months ago

We've always backed him tbf and he's taken plenty of shit on here for a young player. The excuse Pogba always got was he was surrounded by donkeys and he'd be WC if he had WC players around him. Imagine what Rashford could achieve if he had WC players that want to play for us around him? And McT as Ash and Swampy say.
If he had a De Bruyne feeding him he'd be fucking brilliant