V City

Forum for match day threads
Lazarus
Legend

7 months ago

Ole says there was racist abuse and says we have to do something about it and stop talking about doing something. City release a statement.
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
Edfuckingwoodward
Legend

7 months ago

Lazarus wrote:
7 months ago
ashleyfuckingyoung wrote:
7 months ago
Lazarus wrote:
7 months ago
7 months ago
Fucking get in!!! All down to my positive pre match garb obviously.

Best weve played against city for a while.

Happy days. 2 brilliant results an performances this week.
Not so sure about Ole now I bet?
I'm not Ole out Laz. I keep saying, it's not about that. My choice would be Poch over Ole, but it's more about top down getting shit right and properly building a squad. The platform is there but it needs 5-6 in, minimum.

I'm not hounding Ole. Weve got a big fucking job on. 2 good wins this week dont change that.
You've hardly be encouraging and you'd have dumped his ass without giving him a chance. I've talked about the size of the job on and don't believe 2 wins changes that. Ole needs time and deserved it long before these results.
It's a huge job. And I love Ole as a bloke. I struggle with the idea of his coaching credentials being sufficient to make him the right man. There have been a number of issues that concern me, more so than make me optimistic and in terms of a straight choice, I'd take Poch over Ole. But I also realise that football is nuanced. Ole has an ability to knit everyone around the club together, which is an asset in itself.

The most important thing is having a plan to play a certain way and to strengthen the squad properly over next 2-3 windows. .

If we're getting behind Ole, do it properly, because whoever's is in charge needs proper help.

Where I'm bemused is our inconsistency. Against Sheff Utd and Villa I saw a disineterensted side with no coherent plan and little evidence of being coached.

Then I watch the games against Spurs and City. Energy, desire, tactics spot on, clear game plan that makes sense

Ah fuck it. I've been on the beer all day anyway, so life is good
Lazarus
Legend

7 months ago

Nightmare for City today. Beaten by us, Prem title drifting away, fans throwing objects and racism.
Lazarus
Legend

7 months ago

7 months ago
Lazarus wrote:
7 months ago
7 months ago
Lazarus wrote:
7 months ago
7 months ago
Fucking get in!!! All down to my positive pre match garb obviously.

Best weve played against city for a while.

Happy days. 2 brilliant results an performances this week.
Not so sure about Ole now I bet?
I'm not Ole out Laz. I keep saying, it's not about that. My choice would be Poch over Ole, but it's more about top down getting shit right and properly building a squad. The platform is there but it needs 5-6 in, minimum.

I'm not hounding Ole. Weve got a big fucking job on. 2 good wins this week dont change that.
You've hardly be encouraging and you'd have dumped his ass without giving him a chance. I've talked about the size of the job on and don't believe 2 wins changes that. Ole needs time and deserved it long before these results.
It's a huge job. And I love Ole as a bloke. I struggle with the idea of his coaching credentials being sufficient to make him the right man. There have been a number of issues that concern me, more so than make me optimistic and in terms of a straight choice, I'd take Poch over Ole. But I also realise that football is nuanced. Ole has an ability to knit everyone around the club together, which is an asset in itself.

The most important thing is having a plan to play a certain way and to strengthen the squad properly over next 2-3 windows. .

If we're getting behind Ole, do it properly, because whoever's is in charge needs proper help.

Where I'm bemused is our inconsistency. Against Sheff Utd and Villa I saw a disineterensted side with no coherent plan and little evidence of being coached.

Then I watch the games against Spurs and City. Energy, desire, tactics spot on, clear game plan that makes sense

Ah fuck it. I've been on the beer all day anyway, so life is good
:))

Fair play.
bman2
Legend

7 months ago

Watching in a pub with a gang that I couldn’t eat to concentrate on the match. So I can’t judge the performance, but I saw the main events. Good result for sure. Rashford really class again, the real difference maker. But some class from Martial too. If you had Pogba in there on top of that, we’d be looking like a serious outfit.

City looks a bit done. Title out of reach, lost their purpose. Guardiola is finished there I think, which is to take nothing away from the two great seasons, but the forward momentum is gone. Which is what happened to him at previous clubs. Bit like Mourinho in that respect.

As for Ole. People overreacting to each result, whether it be a win or a draw. The long term picture is shite right now, the results speak for themselves, but if he can change that, fair enough. Given that his initial bounce was followed the worst half season for United in living memory, I’m not going to jump to conclusions. All told, I think I’d feel better with Poch in charge, just more there to rely on in terms of record.

Ultimately, Ole is Woodward’s big gamble. It could pay out, wouldn’t that be funny, if Woodward proves them all wrong and turns out to be a genius.
Sid
Legend

7 months ago

We've not seen him smile like that for a few years

Lazarus
Legend

7 months ago

bman2 wrote:
7 months ago
Watching in a pub with a gang that I couldn’t eat to concentrate on the match. So I can’t judge the performance, but I saw the main events. Good result for sure. Rashford really class again, the real difference maker. But some class from Martial too. If you had Pogba in there on top of that, we’d be looking like a serious outfit.

City looks a bit done. Title out of reach, lost their purpose. Guardiola is finished there I think, which is to take nothing away from the two great seasons, but the forward momentum is gone. Which is what happened to him at previous clubs. Bit like Mourinho in that respect.

As for Ole. People overreacting to each result, whether it be a win or a draw. The long term picture is shite right now, the results speak for themselves, but if he can change that, fair enough. Given that his initial bounce was followed the worst half season for United in living memory, I’m not going to jump to conclusions. All told, I think I’d feel better with Poch in charge, just more there to rely on in terms of record.

Ultimately, Ole is Woodward’s big gamble. It could pay out, wouldn’t that be funny, if Woodward proves them all wrong and turns out to be a genius.
The only person overreacting here is you.... "I’m not going to jump to conclusions." !!! You could play lead guitar for Van Halen.

Lazarus
Legend

7 months ago

Sid wrote:
7 months ago
We've not seen him smile like that for a few years

Let's hope he can keep it there.
jason_uk
First Teamer

7 months ago

Might be getting ahead of myself, but if we do beat colchester and make the sf of league cup, and come against city then we should be able to take some confidence from yesterday's result.
lkhmffsstopmovingabout
Legend

6 months ago

pep shouldn't be allowed back in this league once he walks, years of fucking top work from taggart wenger joey and rafa stopping liverpool ever winning the league wasted,
lkhm

hoofing