@ Chelsea

Forum for match day threads
swampash
Legend

4 months ago

Agree re. McT, but we need someone class alongside him. Fred is improving, but is still al long way short of the class we need. I really like the look of Rode - reminds me of Kroos before Real turned him into an average player.
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits...
dozer
Legend

4 months ago

Ideally mct and pogba behind fernandes would give us an excellent midfield but pogba is too high maintenance and is a worse player than fernandes.
ship him out and buy someone else. Fred isn't good enough
bman2
Legend

4 months ago

swampash wrote:
4 months ago
Agree re. McT, but we need someone class alongside him. Fred is improving, but is still al long way short of the class we need. I really like the look of Rode - reminds me of Kroos before Real turned him into an average player.
The game doesn’t seem to have many great playmakers on the go at the moment, not ones that sit deep. I know there’s more than one way to play football, but I would love us to have a DM again who can control the play and send the ball wherever it needs to go on the pitch.
dozer
Legend

4 months ago

We don't need a dm. We need a lampard like player who can create and control the game. That's a big ask though.
Mct/Fred can play the essien/Keane role. Mct is perfect for that.
That'll help us control the midfield.
Pogba is a perfect Lampard substitute (but way worse) but he's not that good and is a hassle to deal with. He needs to be replaced with a similar player.
Or perhaps fernandes can play deep and we get a new number 10.
Edfuckingwoodward
Legend

4 months ago

bman2 wrote:
4 months ago
swampash wrote:
4 months ago
The game doesn’t seem to have many great playmakers on the go at the moment, not ones that sit deep. I know there’s more than one way to play football, but I would love us to have a DM again who can control the play and send the ball wherever it needs to go on the pitch.
Neves at Wolves. Great age too, only 22, premier league proven. We should be going balls out for him in the summer. Sanchez, Grealish or Maddison for the right hand side, and a quality forward - Kane would be perfect and I think hes vegetable, but we wont spend that much. Maybe even just Cavani for a year or two while Martial and Greenwood develop.

Three signings like that would make a huge impact.

Neves and Sancho should be top of our list