Legend

3 months ago

Sid wrote:
4 months ago
dozer wrote:
4 months ago
Sid wrote:
4 months ago
Just worried that if he does well Ed will sign him permanently.
So? He's playing well. probably better than Martial but we need to see him play more to know.
He's not the future though is he
Our "present" strikers are crap. Are we getting 3 new forwards next season and assume they'll all be good signings? If so we can get rid of Ighalo. Otherwise we keep the player who does well. He's got quality, got good strikers instincts and isn't high maintenance. If he does well, we can assume he'll continue that in our near future.
swampash
Legend

3 months ago

He looks a whole lot better than Lukaku.
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits...
Sid
Legend

3 months ago

dozer wrote:
3 months ago
Sid wrote:
4 months ago
dozer wrote:
4 months ago
Sid wrote:
4 months ago
So? He's playing well. probably better than Martial but we need to see him play more to know.
Our "present" strikers are crap. Are we getting 3 new forwards next season and assume they'll all be good signings? If so we can get rid of Ighalo. Otherwise we keep the player who does well. He's got quality, got good strikers instincts and isn't high maintenance. If he does well, we can assume he'll continue that in our near future.
If he stays a squad player then yeah, keep him. But we shouldn't be relying on him too much because he's just a decent striker, and we need better than that.
Sid
Legend

3 months ago

swampash wrote:
3 months ago
He looks a whole lot better than Lukaku.
He does. He can control the ball, hold it up and lay it off consistently. It might be the basics of any striker's game but Rom wasn't able to do it consistently.

The fact he can do that improves our play so much. That's where Mctominay's goal came from. Ighalo started the move in behind by holding it up and laying it off.
fat maradona
Star Man

3 months ago

dozer wrote:
3 months ago
Sid wrote:
4 months ago
dozer wrote:
4 months ago
Sid wrote:
4 months ago
Not sure I'd go as far as saying our present strikers are crap. Before his injury, Rashford was in top 10 of strikers in Europe for goals/games ratio. And Greenwood is still learning. Martial is infuriating most of the time but looks like he has found his groove. He was class yesterday, chasing balls down, creating problems and scoring a goal.

I'd be anti-Igahalo signing permanently, not unless he was just going to be a squadie. But who else are we realistically going to sign this summer, who would make a much bigger difference than Ighalo? I can't think of anyone who we would want but wants to come to us. Talk of Kane but it'd be ridiculous money for someone who is always injured. Dembele (at Lyon) isn't what we need either. Auba would be awesome, as would Lewondowski.
dozer
Legend

3 months ago

fat maradona wrote:
3 months ago
dozer wrote:
3 months ago
Sid wrote:
4 months ago
dozer wrote:
4 months ago
Sid wrote:
4 months ago
Not sure I'd go as far as saying our present strikers are crap. Before his injury, Rashford was in top 10 of strikers in Europe for goals/games ratio. And Greenwood is still learning. Martial is infuriating most of the time but looks like he has found his groove. He was class yesterday, chasing balls down, creating problems and scoring a goal.

I'd be anti-Igahalo signing permanently, not unless he was just going to be a squadie. But who else are we realistically going to sign this summer, who would make a much bigger difference than Ighalo? I can't think of anyone who we would want but wants to come to us. Talk of Kane but it'd be ridiculous money for someone who is always injured. Dembele (at Lyon) isn't what we need either. Auba would be awesome, as would Lewondowski.
Our present strikers are crap enough not to get into any title challenging team. They'd be class for the likes of Villa or Norwich. I'm talking about the former category.
Which is why we need to keep the striker who's doing well i.e iglaho.
We still need to wait and watch until the end of the season mind. On present form I'll sign him

Try before we buy. That's a rare privilege. If only we could have done that with sanchez, Lukaku, mkhitaryan, pogba etc.
fat maradona
Star Man

3 months ago

Dozer, you're a wee bit deluded with that comment. Both Rashford and Martial would get into any side in the league, bar Liverpool and Citeh. Arsenal would easily swap either for Lacazette and Chelski/Spurs would snap your hands off. Ighalo has played well in the few games he has played, and scored 3 fair play to the lad, but hardly warrants making the decision to sign him permanently.
dozer
Legend

3 months ago

fat maradona wrote:
3 months ago
Dozer, you're a wee bit deluded with that comment. Both Rashford and Martial would get into any side in the league, bar Liverpool and Citeh. Arsenal would easily swap either for Lacazette and Chelski/Spurs would snap your hands off. Ighalo has played well in the few games he has played, and scored 3 fair play to the lad, but hardly warrants making the decision to sign him permanently.
I'm deluded eh? But you seem to concur with my point. Our forwards aren't good enough to play for a team challenging for the title. That's what I'm saying.
We Ole bought players he buys with the ambition that they can play in the best teams. So far he seems to have done a good job. Bar James. Jose had the same logic too but his signings didn't turn out so good.

We need 3 forwards who can play in any top team. Not spurs and arsenal level. We have none.
Sid
Legend

3 months ago

dozer wrote:
3 months ago
fat maradona wrote:
3 months ago
I'm deluded eh? But you seem to concur with my point. Our forwards aren't good enough to play for a team challenging for the title. That's what I'm saying.
We Ole bought players he buys with the ambition that they can play in the best teams. So far he seems to have done a good job. Bar James. Jose had the same logic too but his signings didn't turn out so good.

We need 3 forwards who can play in any top team. Not spurs and arsenal level. We have none.
Martial and Rashford aren't top drawer but Fellaini, wow, what a player
dozer
Legend

3 months ago

Sid wrote:
3 months ago
dozer wrote:
3 months ago
fat maradona wrote:
3 months ago

Martial and Rashford aren't top drawer but Fellaini, wow, what a player
He was better than our other midfielders. Who played better? Pogba but barely and he had baggage.
Any argument against my point on the quality of strikers? Nah... Just keep saying fellaini... That thread went silent too when he was playing better than the others.

Are any of our forwards league winning quality?
Just say no and fellaini and piss off.