v City

Forum for match day threads
brianofnazarethffs
Legend

3 months ago

Fucking get in. What a result!
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...

Rant's official saviour, International Lovemaker to the Stars and prince of cunts
brianofnazarethffs
Legend

3 months ago

Ighalo was class for the short time he was on.
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...

Rant's official saviour, International Lovemaker to the Stars and prince of cunts
dozer
Legend

3 months ago

Good result and we defended well but in the long run we should be dominating games.
29% possession is unacceptable regardless of who we're playing.
I guess it's okay now but we really really need to show more spine next season
Edfuckingwoodward
Legend

3 months ago

dozer wrote:
3 months ago
Good result and we defended well but in the long run we should be dominating games.
And yet:

Shots 12-7
Shots on target 6-4

Game plan was spot on, for now at least
Edfuckingwoodward
Legend

3 months ago

I thought the team spirit was spot on. Ole mentioned the connection between the players and fans after the game and it does feel like it's coming back. I think Bruno has been a factor in that too. And Pogba - I.e. him not being anywhere fucking near. Look at the reaction on the bench after the second goal. Class.
Sid
Legend

3 months ago

Edfuckingwoodward wrote:
3 months ago
I thought the team spirit was spot on. Ole mentioned the connection between the players and fans after the game and it does feel like it's coming back. I think Bruno has been a factor in that too. And Pogba - I.e. him not being anywhere fucking near. Look at the reaction on the bench after the second goal. Class.
Aye it looks like they're rebuilding bridges between the players and the fans after the previous fella and Ed destroyed em

dozer
Legend

3 months ago

Edfuckingwoodward wrote:
3 months ago
dozer wrote:
3 months ago
And yet:

Shots 12-7
Shots on target 6-4

Yes. We played well but like how a b grade team would want to set up against a top team.
I guess that's the reality now but in the long run we need to play them by trying to dominate the ball.
bman2
Legend

3 months ago

dozer wrote:
3 months ago
Edfuckingwoodward wrote:
3 months ago
dozer wrote:
3 months ago
And yet:

Shots 12-7
Shots on target 6-4

Yes. We played well but like how a b grade team would want to set up against a top team.
I guess that's the reality now but in the long run we need to play them by trying to dominate the ball.
Yeah it's Jose's argument. Who cares about possession, style etc., it's the result that counts. Ole isn't as bad as Jose has gotten in recent years, but fundamentally he just wants to play counter-attacking football. We have literally never even once tried to do anything else under him. Regardless of results, I personally do find that boring to watch when it's always that approach, week-in, week-out. Leicester, Jose, and Conte won the league that way before the recent run of Pep and Klopp, so I don't think it's obsolete. I just think it's a bit boring.
swampash
Legend

3 months ago

Bman makes a good point - a good coach has more than one system they can deploy, depending on the opposition and the context. We seem to be developing the players, bit by bit, but the hobbit's tactical competence looks stuck in the mud.
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits...
Sid
Legend

3 months ago

Ole did mention in his post match he'd like to see us "defend with the ball", so there might be a plan to have more possession