Vs Sevilla

Forum for match day threads
Sid
Legend

3 months ago

bman2 wrote:
3 months ago
This is disappointing. I expected us to win this, though I thought we’d be in trouble against Conte’s Inter.

We need several signings this summer to keep making progress. Missing out on Haaland was a big loss for us; think of what a scorer like him would do in a match like this.
He still wouldn't fix the defence. A top class CB to replace Lindelhoof is a must. He's fucked up too many times in his career. He's a dozy cunt that doesn't see danger and never will. Maguire needs a top partner cos it will make him play better too, and negate his limitations.

The lack of attacking threat from our LB/RBs can be negated somewhat by Sancho or another decent forward who will mix up our attacking play and give us another threat that those one dimensional cunts at LB/RB don't.

But a CB is a must. There's no hiding it.
bman2
Legend

3 months ago

Smalling’s defensive instincts are excellent. It’s mad we’re selling him for just 20m, the Italian teams interested in him must think we’re nuts.

But to be honest I haven’t been too impressed by Maguire either so far. I think whoever partners with him is expected to cover twice as much ground, it’s a thankless task. It’s not that hard to look “imperious” in a five meter radius around you.
bman2
Legend

3 months ago

A strange thing about this season has been Ole’s determination to play 4-2-3-1 rain or shine. It’s obvious who our starting 11 are in that formation, so we’re easy to prepare for.
dozer
Legend

3 months ago

To be fair our strikers had an off day.
Yes they are inept for a top club but they would have finished off a few of those chances. We created a lot of them. It was one of those days.
swampash
Legend

3 months ago

bman2 wrote:
3 months ago
Smalling’s defensive instincts are excellent. It’s mad we’re selling him for just 20m, the Italian teams interested in him must think we’re nuts.

But to be honest I haven’t been too impressed by Maguire either so far. I think whoever partners with him is expected to cover twice as much ground, it’s a thankless task. It’s not that hard to look “imperious” in a five meter radius around you.
Right on the money bman. Maguire aint all he's cracked up to be and he's also not captain material - why was it Fernandes dishing out the grief to Lindelöf for the fuck up and not Maguire?
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits...
swampash
Legend

3 months ago

bman2 wrote:
3 months ago
A strange thing about this season has been Ole’s determination to play 4-2-3-1 rain or shine. It’s obvious who our starting 11 are in that formation, so we’re easy to prepare for.
Also right on the money again bman and the reason why the hobbit, imho, is tactically inept. Any team we play against knows exactly how we will line up and who will start. We set absolutely no tactical conundrums for opposition teams. Compare that with Nagelsman and Flick, who are both lightyears ahead of the hobbit. Especially Nagelsman.
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits...
Sid
Legend

3 months ago

bman2 wrote:
3 months ago
It's why we need Sancho or a similar player, cos he stretches the play and puts balls into the box for tap ins, like how City play. It'll add a new dimension to our attack which is becoming predictable with Rashford and Greenwood constantly coming inside.

Whether Ole can get us playing that way is another thing entirely. Tbf though our attack is fucking class. It's elsewhere on the pitch were we're shite. Some of it is basic errors from shite personnel like Lindelhoof. But tactically we're a bit suspect n all.
Sid
Legend

3 months ago

bman2 wrote:
3 months ago

A top CB with pace would improve Maguire a lot and make up for his lack of pace

Anybody know any names?
dozer
Legend

3 months ago

Sid wrote:
3 months ago
bman2 wrote:
3 months ago

A top CB with pace would improve Maguire a lot and make up for his lack of pace

Anybody know any names?
I know it's not Koulibaly
FuB
Legend

3 months ago

bman2 wrote:
3 months ago
Totally agree with your point but the formation isn't necessarily what makes it obvious who our starting 11 is. It's also down to the fact the rest of the squad is a good step down in quality. Even if Ole got all foxy with his team choices, it's not a great worry to opposing sides since he's automatically picked a weakened team.
I may be able to fix a forum but I can't fix a fuckwit