Legend

1 month ago

fat maradona wrote:
1 month ago
FuB wrote:
1 month ago
fat maradona wrote:
1 month ago
What can I say lads, the team really wanted this and have made PSG look shite. Why can't we see this every week hey....
I don't think you can completely discount PSG's part in them looking shite. Their defence is proper flaky and let's be fair, we all know what a flaky defence looks like
Agreed but when you consider that we can make shite teams look good through lack of application.

Tuanzebe has looked great, why waste money on Upamacano.
Tuanzebe looked assured and unflappable. Certainly not the moron that dozer pegged him for early on
I may be able to fix a forum but I can't fix a fuckwit
bman2
Legend

1 month ago

Rashford and Martial wasted some good positions, though Rashford got the winner of course. But otherwise, I couldn't really fault any of the players behind them. De Gea up to Bruno were really on top of their games. Neymar was anonymous, Mbappe contained with some great tackles.
dozer
Legend

1 month ago

Edfuckingwoodward wrote:
1 month ago
Sid wrote:
1 month ago
That's why Rashford will never be a top player
:))
Would you say Rashford >>> Mbappe?
Maybe better than Son?
If so you're saying he'll be a top top player
Sid
Legend

1 month ago

FuB wrote:
1 month ago
fat maradona wrote:
1 month ago
What can I say lads, the team really wanted this and have made PSG look shite. Why can't we see this every week hey....
I don't think you can completely discount PSG's part in them looking shite. Their defence is proper flaky and let's be fair, we all know what a flaky defence looks like
I think they had the best defensive record in last season's CL. I just don't think they did their homework on our forwards, and I think Ole's tactics were spot on. His switch to a 433 was the key moment of the game. PSG were in the ascendency until he changed it, put Pogba on, and then we looked like the better team again.

Also Martial is another level. As all the ex pros keep telling us there's not a lot you can do when a player is sprinting at you at 20mph with the ball glued to his feet feinting left and right. That's why he wins so many penalties. It's a bit undefendable.
Last edited by Sid on Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Edfuckingwoodward
Legend

1 month ago

Excellent result and a very pleasing performance on our return to the CL. Not a fluke and a much more credible and authoritative win than the previous one here.

Defensively, very good - Tuanzebe really grew into it after a rusty start. There’s a CB spot for him there if he wants it and having his pace could allow us to take a much higher defensive line.

Fred, very good.

Only slight gripe would’ve been not making the most of the many counter attacking chances we had, but we sorted it in the end.

Fair play, much better than I expected.

And kudos to Ole. For someone who’s regularly slated for a lack of tactical nous, his change of system and introduction of Pogba flipped the balance of the game in our favour.
dozer
Legend

1 month ago

Mbappe isn't going to be as good as Cron or Messi. I thought he would be that good but somehow I feel he's close to his peak. World class but sadly won't get to their level.
FuB
Legend

1 month ago

Sid wrote:
1 month ago
FuB wrote:
1 month ago
fat maradona wrote:
1 month ago
I think they had the best defensive record in last season's CL. I just don't think they did their homework on our forwards, and I think Ole's tactics were spot on. His switch to a 433 was the key moment of the game. PSG were in the ascendency until he changed it, put Pogba on, and then we looked like the better team again.
Completely different defence though, mate
I may be able to fix a forum but I can't fix a fuckwit
Edfuckingwoodward
Legend

1 month ago

dozer wrote:
1 month ago
Edfuckingwoodward wrote:
1 month ago
Sid wrote:
1 month ago
Maybe better than Son?
I don’t think there’s much between Rashford and Mbappe tbh. And he’s 6 years younger than Son. I’d say he was better than Son was at 22, for sure.
Sid
Legend

1 month ago

dozer wrote:
1 month ago
Edfuckingwoodward wrote:
1 month ago
Sid wrote:
1 month ago
Maybe better than Son?
Mate at this point Rashford is basically running the country with his feeding off poor kids, whilst also scoring the winner, again, against last season's CL finalists. So don't give me any static.
dozer
Legend

1 month ago

Rashford has the skills but lacks the mentality to be a world class player. His biggest asset is his ability to take powerful shots. Very few players have that skill. But he's too weak when it comes to passing the ball, close control and his decision making is usually decent but not great. He's not a good goalscorer. Like Rooney he fucks up when he has too much time but Rooney was a much better player.

At least he's young. And unlike Mbappe he has too many flaws so he has scope for improvement. Martial is at best a pretty good player and shouldn't start