FuB wrote:
1 month ago
Sid wrote:
1 month ago
FuB wrote:
1 month ago
fat maradona wrote:
1 month ago
What can I say lads, the team really wanted this and have made PSG look shite. Why can't we see this every week hey....
I don't think you can completely discount PSG's part in them looking shite. Their defence is proper flaky and let's be fair, we all know what a flaky defence looks like
I think they had the best defensive record in last season's CL. I just don't think they did their homework on our forwards, and I think Ole's tactics were spot on. His switch to a 433 was the key moment of the game. PSG were in the ascendency until he changed it, put Pogba on, and then we looked like the better team again.
Completely different defence though, mate
Ah I didn't know that tbf
Sid
Legend

1 month ago

In other news big spending Chelsea drew 0-0 with Sevilla after being outplayed by em

Somehow makes tonight's win sweeter
bman2
Legend

1 month ago

To be fair to PSG, they had several key players missing. But they’ve enough money that they should be able to cope with some injuries. They were shit, a broken side.

Mbappe is class. Kept relatively quiet, which is a credit to us, but he also looked like a kid trying to do it by himself. For all the money poured into PSG, it often looks to me like Mbappe and Veratti (when he’s playing) are trying to carry that club.

Neymar has no balls at all. Not up for it when it’s made difficult for him. This match was another example of that, we’ve seen it countless times before. Twat who has wasted his huge talent.
Sid
Legend

1 month ago

This performance had extra oomph cos Ole's job was under threat again. Whenever that happens the players really turn up and we go on a run. They must love him and believe in him which is an achievement in itself these days as managers at top clubs don't get long to prove to the players they have what it takes. 2 years seems to be the limit. That's what Mourinho got before the players called time. But the love for Ole is as strong as ever.
Sid
Legend

1 month ago

He's fast as fuck as well. Just what we need at CB.
swampash
Legend

1 month ago

Credit where it’s due, this was good, but I wonder how much the Poch rumors forced the hobbit to discover a bit of tactical sense.
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits...
fat maradona
Star Man

1 month ago

swampash wrote:
1 month ago
Credit where it’s due, this was good, but I wonder how much the Poch rumors forced the hobbit to discover a bit of tactical sense.
I think there is too much talk of Ole getting it right tactically. He played the same 533/523 system he always plays against tough opposition but on this occasion, players turned up. AWB, Tuanzebe, McT, Fred (to an extent) all played really well.....DDG made 3 worldies...maybe bringing Pobga on instead of another defender was a good tactical decision. The proof will be if we can replicate this kind of form through to the NY, based on Ole's tactics and powers of motivation. I'm not letting the last two games change my view on Ole or the squaddies.
swampash
Legend

1 month ago

I think you make a fair point fats. Next game could be very revealing. I just thought it is right to give a modicum of credit when the tactics and performance exceeded my expectation.
dozer
Legend

1 month ago

swampash wrote:
1 month ago
Yes. Rumors of a sacking suddenly infused new special skills in Ole. We should have bid for Messi. Rashford and Martial would have developed the same skills overnight
swampash
Legend

1 month ago

...unless I’m mistaken dozer neither Rashford nor Messi are in the running to be player-manager.