V Leipzig

Forum for match day threads
fat maradona
Star Man

2 months ago

bman2 wrote:
2 months ago
I can't understand knocking Rashford. It's like if he's not the very best forward in the world he's overrated or something. Team player, quality, gets big goals, big game player, wtf do you want.
I'm not knocking him lad, I've always been one of his fans, but his form at the end of last season was shocking and all I'm saying is that we need him to be more consiistent. Rashford today is one of the best young forwards in the world but Rashford in July and August wasn't and we needed him to be.
FuB
Legend

2 months ago

dozer wrote:
2 months ago
bman2 wrote:
2 months ago
I can't understand knocking Rashford. It's like if he's not the very best forward in the world he's overrated or something. Team player, quality, gets big goals, big game player, wtf do you want.
That's what I said. He's a good player but not a great player and we must try to bring in forwards this window. That's not knocking Rashford.
Good players score goals and play well. That's not the definition of a great player. Great players are consistent and are even effective when they don't score. Rashford isn't great. That's a fair assessment of Rashford.
that's a bit of a revision of you regularly calling him crap. i'm glad you've mellowed
Rant's official artificial intelligence
Edfuckingwoodward
Legend

2 months ago

Sid wrote:
2 months ago
Edfuckingwoodward wrote:
2 months ago
Rahsford needs to stop pissing about with politics and concentrate on his football.
:))

After all the shit he's had on social media, government officials going after him, getting personal, thousands of racist comments - just cos he wanted to feed kids. To still focus on football and thrive is class. He's made of strong stuff.
I couldn’t be prouder to have that young man at our club. As a footballer and person, he’s everything I want this club to be associated with. The perfect antidote to the cunts we have running the club.

My only reservation of late has been whether he’s been physically and enduringly damaged by his injury last season. But he’s clearly not been. What a fabulous young man and brilliant young footballer he is. Fuck Mbappe. Rashford is where its at.

More broadly, that was an outstanding performance. Both our CL performances have been top drawer, against very, very good opposition. We need to replicate that intensity consistently.
dozer
Legend

2 months ago

FuB wrote:
2 months ago
dozer wrote:
2 months ago
bman2 wrote:
2 months ago
That's what I said. He's a good player but not a great player and we must try to bring in forwards this window. That's not knocking Rashford.
Good players score goals and play well. That's not the definition of a great player. Great players are consistent and are even effective when they don't score. Rashford isn't great. That's a fair assessment of Rashford.
that's a bit of a revision of you regularly calling him crap. i'm glad you've mellowed
That's not true tbf. I may have called him crap during matchdays when he fucks up but I've said regularly that he's a top 4 player (which we've achieved) but won't start for a title challenging team.

If he plays well though I'll be happy to change my mind but is he a better player than Salah or Son or Mane? Don't think so.
jason_uk
First Teamer

2 months ago

dozer wrote:
2 months ago
FuB wrote:
2 months ago
dozer wrote:
2 months ago
bman2 wrote:
2 months ago
That's not true tbf. I may have called him crap during matchdays when he fucks up but I've said regularly that he's a top 4 player (which we've achieved) but won't start for a title challenging team.

If he plays well though I'll be happy to change my mind but is he a better player than Salah or Son or Mane? Don't think so.
Dozer -
Rashford: 22
Mane: current age 28 @ 22 signed for Southampton scored 10 league goals.
Salah: current age 28 @ 22 classed as a not good enough at Chelsea, loaned out to Firontina.
Son: current age 28: @ 22 moved from Leverkusen to Spurs, score 4 goals in first season.

You really are a WUM on this one, Rashford is one of the top top young players in world football, huge potential, but you seem to maintain that he is crap and not a top top player writing him off, based on comparing him to players in their prime footballing years, who have about 6 years extra years under them, all of whom at Rashfords age were doing alot less than what he has been achieving.

Can't you just enjoy the fact that he is at the club, and that most likely he's only going to improve year on year.

Let's discuss how he compares to Son/Mane/Salah in 6 years when he's reached 28.
Sid
Legend

2 months ago

Do the Ole out lot still want Nagelsmann? The supposed genius, tactically astute - Ole just brushed him aside with superior tactics, better formation, game changing subs, no daft jacket. They never got a sniff.
Edfuckingwoodward
Legend

2 months ago

Sid wrote:
2 months ago
Do the Ole out lot still want Nagelsmann? The supposed genius, tactically astute - Ole just brushed him aside with superior tactics, better formation, game changing subs, no daft jacket. They never got a sniff.
We were excellent and put them to the sword impressively. Likely an off-night for them so I wouldn’t form too strong and opinion based on one game - lets see what the return game looks like.

I had a similar thought about Upemacano - they were all over the place at the back last night and when Rashford came on, he had him on toast. Look how easily he goes past him for his 2nd goal.
fat maradona
Star Man

2 months ago

Sid wrote:
2 months ago
I don't think it was the tactical masterclass that you think it was. There were periods in the game where they were controlling things, their passing and pressing was way better than ours. What they lacked upfront was the cutting edge they had last season in Haaland and Werner. But I'll not take anything away from the performance, the lads did really well and hopefully they can carry this form through the next few months. I'm not saying that Ole is a tactical dunce but he isn't a Nagelsmann.

Re Upamecano, I'd still take him in a heartbeat over Lindelof and Maguire. He showed his mobility, passing ability and desire to play out of defence. Neither of our two lumps (nor the wingbacks) can pass or play out of defence. So what that Upamecano got turned over for the goals, remember when Eto'o made Vidic (in his prime) look like a Sunday league defender?
Sid
Legend

2 months ago

fat maradona wrote:
2 months ago
Sid wrote:
2 months ago
I don't think it was the tactical masterclass that you think it was. There were periods in the game where they were controlling things, their passing and pressing was way better than ours. What they lacked upfront was the cutting edge they had last season in Haaland and Werner. But I'll not take anything away from the performance, the lads did really well and hopefully they can carry this form through the next few months. I'm not saying that Ole is a tactical dunce but he isn't a Nagelsmann.

Re Upamecano, I'd still take him in a heartbeat over Lindelof and Maguire. He showed his mobility, passing ability and desire to play out of defence. Neither of our two lumps (nor the wingbacks) can pass or play out of defence. So what that Upamecano got turned over for the goals, remember when Eto'o made Vidic (in his prime) look like a Sunday league defender?
I wouldn't say controlling, they were on top for periods. But they're a top team bang on form so you expect that. What I didn't expect was how poorly Leipzig were at dominating midfield and creating chances. Just 2 poor attempts on target.

They looked bemused by Ole's formation and 11. And Nagelsmann couldn't change it. He had nothing, no tweaks and no impactful subs. Whereas Ole saving Rashford and Fernandes was a masterstroke. It's what killed them off. Upemacano's game went to complete shit and I was surprised Nagelsmann didn't offer him any protection from 2-0 onwards. It was naive.

Ole might not be the one but he's clearly more than a PE teacher. His record against the top 6 / top clubs proves that. And Nagelsmann isn't a one off genius. He hasn't won anything yet. People need to recognise the fact Leipzig are a financially doped club too. And in general calm down a bit about both.
dozer
Legend

2 months ago

jason_uk wrote:
2 months ago
dozer wrote:
2 months ago
FuB wrote:
2 months ago
dozer wrote:
2 months ago
bman2 wrote:
2 months ago

Dozer -
Rashford: 22
Mane: current age 28 @ 22 signed for Southampton scored 10 league goals.
Salah: current age 28 @ 22 classed as a not good enough at Chelsea, loaned out to Firontina.
Son: current age 28: @ 22 moved from Leverkusen to Spurs, score 4 goals in first season.

You really are a WUM on this one, Rashford is one of the top top young players in world football, huge potential, but you seem to maintain that he is crap and not a top top player writing him off, based on comparing him to players in their prime footballing years, who have about 6 years extra years under them, all of whom at Rashfords age were doing alot less than what he has been achieving.

Can't you just enjoy the fact that he is at the club, and that most likely he's only going to improve year on year.

Let's discuss how he compares to Son/Mane/Salah in 6 years when he's reached 28.
Fair point.