Vs Arsenal

Forum for match day threads
FuB
Legend

3 months ago

Is anyone really going to big up Ole again after that? He's just fucking lucky when we have what looks like a convincing win. There was no plan there at all. They knew how to nullify our only game and, as ever, there's no plan b.
Rant's official artificial intelligence
Edfuckingwoodward
Legend

3 months ago

Arsenal controlled it from start to finish, despite being average.
dozer
Legend

3 months ago

Why did Ole get rid of Fellaini if the plan was to hoof it to Maguire? At least Fellaini is more effective with that "strategy"
sheesh
Legend

3 months ago

All these plans for a breakaway European league are laughable when you look at how far we've fallen. Fair play to Arsenal.
Sid
Legend

3 months ago

Edfuckingwoodward wrote:
3 months ago
Arsenal controlled it from start to finish, despite being average.
It's cos they're a shite midtable team so they played like a shite midtable team and parked the bus. They had a back 8 for the last 10 mins. And that's what we / Ole struggles with, breaking teams down. So it wasn't a masterstroke from the spanish Arteta, he was just following what other shite teams have done in the Ole era.
sheesh
Legend

3 months ago

brianofnazarethffs wrote:
3 months ago
Ole needs to fix this shit fast. We've been dreadful from front to back.

It's always 1 step forward and 2 back... so fucking bored with this shit.
We've got some tricky games over Xmas. He may not be around in the New Year.
fat maradona
Star Man

3 months ago

Sid wrote:
3 months ago
United back in crisis until the next big win. I can't be arsed. One step forward, two steps back. If we were just run properly we would have a top team and win games consistently. But we're doing it the hard way with those cunts running the club, and it's probably gonna make it impossible.
Mate, don't you think it's as much down to the coaching as it is how the club is run? We want to play out from the back like all the good sides but our players can't put passes together or make the movement which allows passes to be made. Instead we see passes back to players who are being pressed by at least 2 of the opposition. Then you'd hope we have at least 2 decent passers in midfield but nope, we have a headless chicken in Fred and either Matic or McT, neither of whom are capable. Players further up the pitch are capable of passing but they either don't get the service or they are forced to come too deep to help the invalids out.

I'd say sort the coaching out and you will see much more consistency. All credit to Carrick, Phelan and McKenna but we need to be doing better than those three ffs
brianofnazarethffs
Legend

3 months ago

I think you've both got it right, it is definitely down to the way we are run, look at this summer. Awful. Didn't fix key areas and spent money on players who are bench warmers. DVB sums this up... what a waste. How is he not starting ahead of Pogba? Pogba is no doubt class, but shows it nowhere near enough and he's a luxury we can't afford.

However, look at Ole and the coaches... I fail to see any other plan than counter attack. We take one step forward and 2 back... why aren't players motivated under him? They obviously don't fear him. How does he keep picking certain players? After the 6-1 embarrassment, he's shit himself and keeps picking Fred and McT. Fucking water carriers.
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...

Rant's official saviour, International Lovemaker to the Stars and prince of cunts
brianofnazarethffs
Legend

3 months ago

sheesh wrote:
3 months ago
brianofnazarethffs wrote:
3 months ago
Ole needs to fix this shit fast. We've been dreadful from front to back.

It's always 1 step forward and 2 back... so fucking bored with this shit.
We've got some tricky games over Xmas. He may not be around in the New Year.

I've literally lost any enjoyment I had with football mate!
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...

Rant's official saviour, International Lovemaker to the Stars and prince of cunts
Sid
Legend

3 months ago

fat maradona wrote:
3 months ago
Sid wrote:
3 months ago
United back in crisis until the next big win. I can't be arsed. One step forward, two steps back. If we were just run properly we would have a top team and win games consistently. But we're doing it the hard way with those cunts running the club, and it's probably gonna make it impossible.
Mate, don't you think it's as much down to the coaching as it is how the club is run? We want to play out from the back like all the good sides but our players can't put passes together or make the movement which allows passes to be made. Instead we see passes back to players who are being pressed by at least 2 of the opposition. Then you'd hope we have at least 2 decent passers in midfield but nope, we have a headless chicken in Fred and either Matic or McT, neither of whom are capable. Players further up the pitch are capable of passing but they either don't get the service or they are forced to come too deep to help the invalids out.

I'd say sort the coaching out and you will see much more consistency. All credit to Carrick, Phelan and McKenna but we need to be doing better than those three ffs
But the reason Ole is in the job is cos of the shit way the club is run. And i don't think it's just down to coaching. You can't coach Maguire into having more pace. You can't make Lindelhoof more intelligent. They're average, and not the right fit for how we want to play. Until we have quick CBs we can't push up and condense the play and assert our philosophy on the opposition.

And sacking Ole won't achieve anything. It just restarts the cycle. That's what's so depressing.