V Liverpool

Forum for match day threads
sheesh
Legend

bman2 wrote: 2 years ago
sheesh wrote: 2 years ago For all this talk about a decent squad, it's like a sand castle. Ronaldo, Cavani and Matic are at the matter end of their playing careers. Pogba and Donny will be leaving. I'd say there's a question mark about Lingard's future. Midfield is abysmal, with McFred stinking the place out.

By the way, Red Cafe is a cesspit of delusion. Some of our fans are genuinely really thick.
What are they saying on Red Cafe?

I think you’re right that the squad could start to lose key players quickly. Which is why I think it’s important for the club to act now and not let the situation fester. Players could sign pre-contracts in January ffs. Obviously some of those players are going to go, the squad’s too bloated anyway. But better if we’re playing well and the next manager can persuade anybody he sees as really key to stay.
It was only this morning that I saw posts from certain forummers defending Ole against the level of criticism he is getting. I remember someone started a thread on there about the players playing for the manager after the Atalanta match.

It could be that this result represents a turning point for some people, but it makes you wonder how it can take so long to see the blindingly obvious.
swampash
Legend

How can anyone with even a modicum of intelligence defend the hobbit?
He’s clueless. He must go.
swampash
Legend

Actually I’m pretty gutted...I had £25 on us to lose 6 nil...I should have known you can’t rely on Scousers...
fat maradona
Legend

This from the Guardian:

"There were lows under David Moyes, some lost afternoons under José Mourinho and Louis van Gaal. But nothing quite so deathly, so free of structure, love, basic competence. Factor in that United can field four of the top five best‑paid players in the league and it seems fair to ask if there has been a worse performance since this club were relegated in the 1970s. What does it take to accept that this is simply becoming a humiliation for everyone involved, an endless trauma. We are moving into alien territory here.

Meanwhile the problems in this United team are obvious: a basic slackness, a lack of resistance, too many basking stars. And not just a poor plan, or a badly executed plan, but no plan at all, a team unbalanced by an aged celebrity centre-forward, poorly coached and complacent, with a manager in the job because of heritage power and brand-maintenance."

That paragraph though, seems like the whole world and his dog know about the rot apart from those responsible for managing the club.
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

fat maradona wrote: 2 years ago This from the Guardian:

"There were lows under David Moyes, some lost afternoons under José Mourinho and Louis van Gaal. But nothing quite so deathly, so free of structure, love, basic competence. Factor in that United can field four of the top five best‑paid players in the league and it seems fair to ask if there has been a worse performance since this club were relegated in the 1970s. What does it take to accept that this is simply becoming a humiliation for everyone involved, an endless trauma. We are moving into alien territory here.

Meanwhile the problems in this United team are obvious: a basic slackness, a lack of resistance, too many basking stars. And not just a poor plan, or a badly executed plan, but no plan at all, a team unbalanced by an aged celebrity centre-forward, poorly coached and complacent, with a manager in the job because of heritage power and brand-maintenance."

That paragraph though, seems like the whole world and his dog know about the rot apart from those responsible for managing the club.
Sums it up perfectly. I rarely agree with anything Carragher says but he was spot with what he said after the game; Neville was talking about the club wouldn't sack Ole yet because 'there's more stability in the Board than when Jose or Gaal was here'. But Carragher basically said the only reason he won't get sacked is because the club haven't got a clue what to do next.
swampash
Legend

Increasingly clear that the Guardian are getting their assessments and views by lurking here as guests and reading our posts...
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

JoelfuckingGlazer wrote: 2 years ago
fat maradona wrote: 2 years ago This from the Guardian:

Sums it up perfectly. I rarely agree with anything Carragher says but he was spot with what he said after the game; Neville was talking about the club wouldn't sack Ole yet because 'there's more stability in the Board than when Jose or Gaal was here'. But Carragher basically said the only reason he won't get sacked is because the club haven't got a clue what to do next.
Totally, they're panicking, and it's mad because we've been here before with Ole. He's also been in the job 3 years which is when fans start getting aggy with a manager. There's no plan b.

We might see 'links' to Conte and Zidane in the media in the coming days to stem the tide of anger and look like they're doing something behind the scenes. But historically when these stories emerge, the managers in question say they've had zero contact with the club. It's just PR.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

I say the club are panicking, but they won't know what's happened until they get the end of month financials in, and see there's been a drop in sales of United tictacs in the megastore, then they'll panic
fat maradona
Legend

Another Guardian piece:

"So what comes next? For three years, United have been driven by the logic of the theme park but at some point, very soon, even the nostalgists must surely accept that there is need for a change of leadership. After all, however much the punters may love Mickey Mouse, nobody expects him to run Disneyland. This is where the true nature of the club will be revealed. Are they even about winning football matches and trophies any more? Or has the business of content production taken over?"

We all know the answer to the last two sentences. We've seen it happen at the Buccaneers and lessons were not learnt then, why should anything be different with this business venture?
bman2
Legend

TBH I think the Glazers do want to win. They’ve spent the necessary money on players. They’ve just always been hopeless when it comes to managers. Don’t know who to hire, and don’t know when it’s time to move on. Should have gone for a new manager during the summer.