vs Leicester

Forum for match day threads
swampash
Legend

6 years ago

Presume we will see Falcao start this weekend?
RVP or Mata to the bench?
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggedy beasties and things that go bump in the night, Good Lord deliver us...and while you're at it, a bit of a helping hand with hobbits wouldn't go amiss...
dozer
Legend

6 years ago

Will it be rvp or Rooney? I think rvp will lose oug
Dosdamt
Star Man

6 years ago

RvP I suspect, if any of them are likely to miss out. You can't drop Mata, he's been scoring and looking alright - he'll look even better with the midfielders we have now who ACTUALLY LIKE TO FUCKING RUN PAST THE HALFWAY LINE HOLY SHIT
marlon
Legend

6 years ago

Rooney virtually undroppable by virtue of being captain according to LVG. Only 6 injuries now. Smalling's back, but by the sounds of it we're sticking with a back 4 anyway.

Interesting last week that Blackett played CB and Rojo LB with Shaw on the bench. I wonder if LVG doesn't consider Rojo a CB in a back 4.

He also said Januzaj was competing for one of the 2 forward positions in the current system. With undroppable Rooney he's competing with Falcao, van Persie and Wilson for one spot.
dozer
Legend

6 years ago

marlon wrote:Rooney virtually undroppable by virtue of being captain according to LVG. Only 6 injuries now. Smalling's back, but by the sounds of it we're sticking with a back 4 anyway.

Interesting last week that Blackett played CB and Rojo LB with Shaw on the bench. I wonder if LVG doesn't consider Rojo a CB in a back 4.

He also said Januzaj was competing for one of the 2 forward positions in the current system. With undroppable Rooney he's competing with Falcao, van Persie and Wilson for one spot.
I think you're overestimating the importance of a captain. Most managers, I think, don't consider them un-droppable and I wouldn't expect LVG especially to be swayed by this sentiment. He seems pretty ruthless and honest to himself when making decisions. I'm just guessing because he doesn't seem to be picking his vice-captain Fletcher. I hope there is no rule that the captain has to play.
I'd drop RVP on form alone, not because he's been terrible but because we have a top player in Falcao who should play.
If Rooney were to play badly, he must be dropped too.
I'd be a bit more considerate to Falcao because he's a new player, hopefully he gets a run of games to find his form if he doesn't click right away.
marlon
Legend

6 years ago

It was from his press conference. "I don't think any player is fixed. Only the captain has special privileges"
Davey-boy
Legend

6 years ago

marlon wrote:It was from his press conference. "I don't think any player is fixed. Only the captain has special privileges"
I feel sure he'd still drop Rooney if he wasn't playing well or was the weak link at any point. He'd played well last week, but we all know he can go through patches where he's shite. No one really knows who's going to click with who at this point. Falcao must start, as otherwise what's the point, and RVP has looked off the pace so far.
marlon
Legend

6 years ago

Anantax
Legend

6 years ago

I challenge everyone to make THREE predictions about this game. Whoever has all three right has bragging rights for the next week.

My predictions:
- United will win 3-1
- Falcao will score a goal
- ADM will have 2 assists
marlon
Legend

6 years ago

Falcao hattrick
Evans will make a mistake
di Maria will go off injured