Vs Everton

Forum for match day threads
marlon
Legend

5 years ago

McNair dominated Lukaku today. Just got away for that one chance. He'll be out of the team as soon as everyone get's fit, but our kids are playing really well considering. Guess they're the only ones at the club not affected by Moyes.

Agree with whoever wanted Januzaj upfront with Falcao - we need someone other than di Maria in the team who can create something out of nothing. Everything goes through di Maria right now and there's no consistent threat on the right.

Mata was poor today but he no one was passing him the ball. With di Maria and Valencia there was too much focus on wide play and barely anything through the middle. Feel like he's just a tidier (and less good) Rooney now. Doesn't really contribute to our general play enough but still pops up with a goal or assist most games.
lars072
Legend

5 years ago

Mata has 2 games to prove himself or he could be sold in Jan. I think Rooney might benefit from this 'break.' I'd like to see Falcao, Rooney Januzaj and Di Maria as our front 4 but not sure if LVG will drop his mate Van Persie. I just hope Blind and Herrera are both fit when those tough games arrive.
dozer
Legend

5 years ago

Van Gaal must play Rojo and McNair until one of them gets injured or has a few terrible games. The communication is still a problem but give it time and they'll develop the rapport.
Phil Jones, Smalling etc can fuck off, let them be subs. They'll never have a run of games anyway, they're always bloody injured.
Lazarus
Legend

5 years ago

dozer wrote:
Lazarus wrote:3 points will do nicely, we have some problems but LVG seems to be working to a plan, our passing and ball control has really improved. Turns out DeGea is pretty good after all a few people here gave him a good kicking after his last mistake. Feel we missed Rooney.
We missed him? For nostalgic reasons perhaps, but otherwise we didn't miss him at all. And that's a good thing for the club.
Unfortunately Van Persie seems to be out of form - but he's still scoring occasionally so that's not too bad.

Nostalgia? Mate he's not Cantona. FFS! He's just the current captain and player heading for the scoring record for United that's all. You don't know your arse from your elbow Dozer. Sharpen up the quality of your posts mate, the same old tired bollocks has finally worn thin and has become annoying rather than amusing.
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
tom
First Teamer

5 years ago

Doesn't rooney always have a shite game when he plays against Everton
dozer
Legend

5 years ago

dozer wrote:Van Gaal must play Rojo and McNair until one of them gets injured or has a few terrible games. The communication is still a problem but give it time and they'll develop the rapport.
Phil Jones, Smalling etc can fuck off, let them be subs. They'll never have a run of games anyway, they're always bloody injured.
Oops, I think I've jinxed McNair there, he's injured for three weeks apparently. Hamstring.
redzebs
Legend

5 years ago

dozer wrote:
dozer wrote:Van Gaal must play Rojo and McNair until one of them gets injured or has a few terrible games. The communication is still a problem but give it time and they'll develop the rapport.
Oops, I think I've jinxed McNair there, he's injured for three weeks apparently. Hamstring.

Jones has been good when he's been fit,

Hopefully him and Rojo can form a partnership, maybe with an older cb beside him he won't feel the need to commit Hari Kari and go for 10/90 balls and hurt himself
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.
Sid
Legend

5 years ago

I just read that Rojo is 9th in the league for the average number of passes completed a game

We have a defender who can actually pass the football and is confident enough to do so
marlon
Legend

5 years ago

That's probably not a good thing - Chelsea have Fabregas and Matic at the top of their passing list, Arsenal have Ramsey and Ozil, City have Toure and Silva. We've got Evans and Rojo. It's nice that they can pass the ball, but they're more or less the least threatening passers on the team.