Chelski v United

Forum for match day threads
Sid
Legend

4 years ago

Don't we have the best record aganst the top 4/5 out of anyone? The same as last season

His coservative approach works better in big games against top teams. Fergie did the same, he used to play 451 and try and nick a goal. But then he'd also play 442 or there abouts at home against riff raff, whereas Gaal sticks to the same conservative approach unless he's under pressure. And that's probably because he's stubborn as fuck, or because he shits it because the top teams in the Prem aren't that good and get can done on their day. Or both. But either way he needs another way of playing against crap teams.
swampash
Legend

4 years ago

Ancelotti versus van Gaal...if I were a betting man, I don't think I'd be putting my money on van Gaal.
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits...
Sid
Legend

4 years ago

I would prefer Ancelotti n all

But hasn't he done what Guardiola is accused of and just gone to top clubs that already have class squads and loads of money?
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

4 years ago

Sid wrote:Don't we have the best record aganst the top 4/5 out of anyone? The same as last season

His coservative approach works better in big games against top teams. Fergie did the same, he used to play 451 and try and nick a goal. But then he'd also play 442 or there abouts at home against riff raff, whereas Gaal sticks to the same conservative approach unless he's under pressure. And that's probably because he's stubborn as fuck, or because he shits it because the top teams in the Prem aren't that good and get can done on their day. Or both. But either way he needs another way of playing against crap teams.
Didn't work so well in Europe...
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
Sid
Legend

4 years ago

Aye he didn't get the mix right in europe either. We didn't do enough to score at home.
bman2
Legend

4 years ago

Chelsea have been scoring goals lately, they might really expose our dodgy defending. I don't think this will be a dull game actually -- probably a lot of up and down the pitch between two mediocre teams.
captainhormone
Star Man

4 years ago

We've the second best defensive record in the league

With that in mind doing we will win 2 - 0

Thanks
Lkhm

Hoofing

Quality Red.
urboystook1hellofabeating
First Teamer

4 years ago

captainhormone wrote:We've the second best defensive record in the league

Thanks

B-)
I bloody well hope so...! Else it may not be Ch. Lge football for Mourinho or whoever Woodward chooses come the summer...
:-s

Am still keen on Lippi - would give us enough time to find a young, less volatile coach than Jose to lead us forward in 3 years time.
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

4 years ago

urboystook1hellofabeating wrote:
captainhormone wrote:We've the second best defensive record in the league

Thanks

B-)
I bloody well hope so...! Else it may not be Ch. Lge football for Mourinho or whoever Woodward chooses come the summer...
:-s

Am still keen on Lippi - would give us enough time to find a young, less volatile coach than Jose to lead us forward in 3 years time.
Yeah, but if you're thinking short term, then it's got to be Mourtinho... he might be a cunt, and the football might be shit, but he's the best out there at getting the most out of an 11... he's the best chance we'd have of winning anything over 2/3 years, and he's the biggest name outside of Guardiola to attract talent... as good as Lippi is/was, players aren't going to be handing in transfer requests to join one of his team...

I don't like Mourinho, never have, but IF Giggs is the future, but he's just not ready, or if there's another young manager on the horizon, Mouinho is probably the best manager to get us through until that manager, or Giggs is ready...
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
Lazarus
Legend

4 years ago

De Gea, Darmian, Smalling, Blind, Borthwick-Jackson, Fellaini, Carrick, Lingard, Mata, Martial, Rooney. Subs: Romero, McNair, Varela, Schneiderlin, Herrera, Pereira, Memphis.

Fuck it !!! Please just play well and win.....
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X