Refugees

Political Debate
redzebs
Legend

1 year ago

I know Libya is lawless but who is supposed to be in charge?

Instead of counting bodies can the UN not have boots on the ground even around the coast, take and make safe a couple of towns, the African version on its own surely can calm it down or some sort of moderate coalition.

The UN AN NATO,

Fuckin useless.
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.
swampash
Legend

1 year ago

This may be too simplistic, but I don't know why the UNHCR hasn't set up camps on the African coast in coordination with the EU to help process applications. Those fleeing wars and persecution could be moved quickly to safety and those seeking employment could be integrated efficiently into those countries that need workers once qualifications have been checked.
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits...
redzebs
Legend

1 year ago

Because everyone is looking out for themselves and doesn't give a fuck.

I don't blame people wanting a better life, we'd all do it, but it's taken 20 odd years and no British Government has been able to convince refugees world wide that Britain ain't the land of milk and honey, not even refugeees, economic migrants, you get to France, Nice Paris Marseille, with open boarders across Europe, yet a huge number would happily live in squalid camps for months to try and get to fuckin Birmingham. And why is no one dispelling these myths if they are myths, the British give you free house, free money, why the fuck wouldn't you want to come? I can't even get a house to fuckin rent, of course other EU countries aren't going to say, sure just stay here. Germanys bursting tbf and Italy because it's the port of entry but it's not being racist to say you need to be a refugeee and a genuine asylum seeker and we'll look at your application, and if successful, and you can't pay your own way and we are fulfilling our duty of care, to you, as an asylum seeker, not an economic migrant, then you have a choice if the following houses in Hull, Stoke, Burnley, Sunderland, not fuckin London ffs!

It annoys me that more and more working class people are becoming racist because they see an injustice being done, the media doesn't help but a bit of common sense would go a long way.
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.
Snoopcousins
Legend

1 year ago

Totally agree Zebs
Halfway between the gutter and the stars

“I don't have any real proof and I can't be arsed to find any. But I bet I’m right” - Sid, 6th March 2018