Unrealistic summer transfer wankfest III

Manchester United chat
bman2
Legend

The case for getting Griezmann is so strong. Just think what we'd be like already this season with him on the right instead of Mata.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

Snoop, you do realise this thread is called unrealistic transfer wankfest? It's full of broken dreams. And it's always been that way for the last 12 years
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

If we're still after Griezmann and there's a chance of landing him in Jan then the rumours will start soon because the clubs will start talking - especially now Atleti have signed Costa. Give it til the end of this month and see what happens. See if Barca are still interested as well.

Apparently he doesn't have an agent. He ditched his previous one in the summer. Is that still the case?
bman2
Legend

I would absolutely amazed if he came in Jan. A player like that in January? I don’t there’s any precedent for a move that big.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see Raiola pop up as his new agent at some point, which would probably be great news for us!
bman2
Legend

Tell you what though, if we did sign him in January, even if it meant giving Raiola a huge wedge, you’d have to tip your hat to Woodward, that would be fucking epic. Delay Griezmann for four months and get Lukaku out from under Chelsea’s noses in the meantime? That would be pretty spectacular wheeling and dealing.
Snoopcousins
Legend

bman2 wrote:Tell you what though, if we did sign him in January, even if it meant giving Raiola a huge wedge, you’d have to tip your hat to Woodward, that would be fucking epic. Delay Griezmann for four months and get Lukaku out from under Chelsea’s noses in the meantime? That would be pretty spectacular wheeling and dealing.
Sure he has already moved to Raiola in the summer
Halfway between the gutter and the stars

“I don't have any real proof and I can't be arsed to find any. But I bet I’m right” - Sid, 6th March 2018
Jason
Star Man

bman2 wrote:I would absolutely amazed if he came in Jan. A player like that in January? I don’t there’s any precedent for a move that big.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see Raiola pop up as his new agent at some point, which would probably be great news for us!
I know he turned out to be shite for them, but Torres to Chelsea at the time was a massive jan transfer.
I'd say only way we will get him then is if athletico failed to get through champs league.
bman2
Legend

jason_uk wrote:
bman2 wrote:I would absolutely amazed if he came in Jan. A player like that in January? I don’t there’s any precedent for a move that big.

I know he turned out to be shite for them, but Torres to Chelsea at the time was a massive jan transfer.
I'd say only way we will get him then is if athletico failed to get through champs league.
Good point. I think he was returning from an injury though right?
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

We're being linked with a move for Ozil. If it's him or Griezmann then I'd definitely chose Griez
Snoopcousins
Legend

Boring ....been talked about for ages in the press
Never happening.
And a totally different player to Griezeman, they are comlektejy different players
Halfway between the gutter and the stars

“I don't have any real proof and I can't be arsed to find any. But I bet I’m right” - Sid, 6th March 2018