vs Liverpool

Forum for match day threads
Sid
Legend

1 year ago

http://www.101greatgoals.com/news/jose- ... ing-klopp/

Jose's trying to spin it, saying that Liverpool played defensively, that Klopp kept 3 midfielders on and didn't "let the game break" therefore he couldn't attack. Yet the scousers still managed 19 shots, 6 on target, 7 corners.

He's basically saying 'we had to defend in order to combat their defensive football' which makes no sense
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

1 year ago

sheesh wrote:The funny thing is that Mourinho's previously had a pop at Chelsea for being so defensive (as he sees it).

He has some nerve.

I think we played to the occasion and showed Liverpool far too much respect. If you don't win but have at least had a go, then fair enough. The lack of intent in the 2nd half was what so frustrating, and ultimately won't get us very far (if we actually have serious aspirations of winning the league). City are the team to beat, and are smashing teams all over the park, so I don't see how anyone can see yesterday's result as positive. Liverpool won't be serious challengers for the title.
First off... he had a pop at Contes Chelsea, because everyone was having a pop at him!!!

And second... we're not serious challengers for the title either... it's been Citys to lose from the start... only the pundits and dreamers have put us in the frame...
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
Snoopcousins
Legend

1 year ago

Lol at Sid...trying to put the boot into Jose.
We are 2nd and in really good shape, 7 points ahead of Liverpool and Chelsea and a load ahead of Arsenal too.

Wind your neck in and go and watch some old LVG videos
Halfway between the gutter and the stars

“I don't have any real proof and I can't be arsed to find any. But I bet I’m right” - Sid, 6th March 2018
Sid
Legend

1 year ago

Alfonso Bedoya wrote:
Sid wrote:I don't agree that Mourinho was right to sit back and not take a risk until Klopp went more attacking. It's showing them too much respect. Newcastle, Burnley, Leicester, Watford all managed to score against them without playing this ridiculous "chess game" of who blinks first. They're not Barca. With our attacking players we would have carved them open. In fact we did the one time we put a decent attacking move together. Lukaku should have scored.

And I don't agree that we couldn't attack because Klopp never "went for it". You have to find a balance between defence and attack. You can't sacrifice one for the other. Klopp managed, and Liverpool looked more of a threat and more likely to win the game from the second half onwards. Whereas we sacrificed any attacking intent by the second half. And that's pretty shit considering Jose has his team now.

It's hailed as genius. But if Liverpool had've scored, we'd have been fucked, because we'd have been left with little time to retaliate after pissing away 70/80 minutes defending

And a better team like City, Tottenham, Chelsea will score - so we need a new plan.
Yeah, yeah... and if we had committed more forward and been done by Klopp on the counter, then Mourinho would have been hammered for that as well... and those teams you mentioned, Newcastle, Burnley, Leicester, Watford... who gives a fuck??? end of the season, we'll see where they finish... yesterday, Crystal Palace put 2 more past Contes Chelsea than they put past us... who here gives a fuck about that either???... except that Chelsea lost... THAT'S what matters!!!!

It was a dull, shit game... but Curtis is right... Klopps Liverpool didn't play their usual balls out game either... so perhaps Mourinhos plan to counter THAT, didn't match up... and he's also right that we contained Liverpool comfortably... it's always easy to sit back on your arse, and in hindsight, spot all the holes in a plan, and win the game with a bunch of "what if", and "should haves"... your neck isn't on the line if you get it wrong... Mourinho played the game he thought would work, and IF, you're honest about it, then you'd admit that before this game kicked off, it would have been exactly what you expected him to do... soak up pressure, and hit Klopps aggressive game on the counter... Klopp wasn't his usual aggressive self, because he was just as desperate not to lose as Mourinho... so the counter was nowhere near as effective...

A draw against Liverpool, on their patch, 1 point, move on... for over a 100 years, that's been a good result... now, all of a sudden, it's fuckin utter failure!!!
No, because we'd have been trying to win the game. Player for player we're better. They leak goals like fuck. They've only won 1 game in the last 7.

It's the same shit I said last season. I didn't see why we had to play so cowardly after buying 4 top players. I didn't see why having one shot off target and one corner was "genius" when we'd beaten them at Anfield twice consecutively. This season it's the same, more investment, more players but the same old shite tactics - against a team that literally concede goals against anybody that tries.

And this shit about how we "contained" them. Fuck off tbf. We defended like cunts and sacrificed any attacking intent which is bullshit - 350m pounds worth of bullshit.

Jose isn't justifying his approach in football terms unlike you, Alf, so don't waste your breath. He said he had to do it because of injuries, a shit bench and Klopp's defensive tactics (lol). So presumably Tottenham will be different and we'll try and win the game.
Sid
Legend

1 year ago

Alfonso Bedoya wrote:
sheesh wrote:The funny thing is that Mourinho's previously had a pop at Chelsea for being so defensive (as he sees it).

He has some nerve.

I think we played to the occasion and showed Liverpool far too much respect. If you don't win but have at least had a go, then fair enough. The lack of intent in the 2nd half was what so frustrating, and ultimately won't get us very far (if we actually have serious aspirations of winning the league). City are the team to beat, and are smashing teams all over the park, so I don't see how anyone can see yesterday's result as positive. Liverpool won't be serious challengers for the title.
First off... he had a pop at Contes Chelsea, because everyone was having a pop at him!!!

And second... we're not serious challengers for the title either... it's been Citys to lose from the start... only the pundits and dreamers have put us in the frame...
Oh right well can we get a refund on the 350m spent? We could just call it a day right now and plan for next season

I mean what bullshit is that, from a United fan - 'It doesn't matter that we didn't try and beat Liverpool because we're not title contenders anyway'

Fuck off tbf
Sid
Legend

1 year ago

Snoopcousins wrote:Lol at Sid...trying to put the boot into Jose.
We are 2nd and in really good shape, 7 points ahead of Liverpool and Chelsea and a load ahead of Arsenal too.

Wind your neck in and go and watch some old LVG videos
The ones where we beat that bunch of duffers home and away with a much worse team and no goalscorer
sheesh
Legend

1 year ago

Alfonso Bedoya wrote:

He has some nerve.

Even if you're right about the second point, how can anyone be happy with us picking up scabby points with a defensive mindset? Why not go to places like anfield and have a go? If city still win the league at a canter, then fair enough. We can only control our own performances, so why not go out to win matches?
Sid
Legend

1 year ago

Aye tbf Harry, Mickey was shite yesterday. He seems like he's just getting by. His stats are good because he's a shit hot player. But his body language is often terrible. And there's all that shit about his contract, how the move was kind of forced on him. He doesn't seem down with the plan or United.

And all the talk about missing Pogba in the press and that - he was shite at Anfield last season. Did fuck all. So I doubt he would have made a big difference. If he was fit he'd have played mid week with France n all so he wouldn't have been fresh.
pint vulger
Legend

1 year ago

Sid wrote:Aye tbf Harry, Mickey was shite yesterday. He seems like he's just getting by. His stats are good because he's a shit hot player. But his body language is often terrible. And there's all that shit about his contract, how the move was kind of forced on him. He doesn't seem down with the plan or United.

All the talk about missing Pogba - he was shite at Anfield last season. Did fuck all. So I doubt he would have made a big difference.
50 odd comments just in this thread !!!
Most of them whilst the game was being played ffs ???
And virtually everyone Anti Utd .

Support your local team .
Snoopcousins
Legend

1 year ago

Sid wrote:Aye tbf Harry, Mickey was shite yesterday. He seems like he's just getting by. His stats are good because he's a shit hot player. But his body language is often terrible. And there's all that shit about his contract, how the move was kind of forced on him. He doesn't seem down with the plan or United.

And all the talk about missing Pogba in the press and that - he was shite at Anfield last season. Did fuck all. So I doubt he would have made a big difference. If he was fit he'd have played mid week with France n all so he wouldn't have been fresh.
Sid - you've lost it tbf
Halfway between the gutter and the stars

“I don't have any real proof and I can't be arsed to find any. But I bet I’m right” - Sid, 6th March 2018