vs Tottenham

Forum for match day threads
pint vulger
Legend

1 year ago

Are you fucking bonkers ? Wtf do you want to play one who can't get in a shite CP team ,another who was never near the first team and has been offloaded to fields afar ,another who doesn't get in England's u 17 ,
Plus what's up with Fellani are you suggesting the kids are more effective,they have missed him as much as Pogba.
And. Pep as more or less in comparison bought a new team ,he won't be playing U 20,s unless they are like Messi.
Sid
Legend

1 year ago

How much do we have to spend to beat Hudderfield away ffs. We've already got one of the most expensive sauads ever assembled. 600m?
Sid
Legend

1 year ago

Aye like Hull, Stoke, Swansea last season after having the most expensive and highest paid team in all of sport. Worse than Gaal, worse than Moyes.

Money int the whole answer
Snoopcousins
Legend

1 year ago

[quote="Sid"]How much do we have to spend to beat Hudderfield away ffs. We've already got one of the most expensive sauads ever assembled. 600m?[/quote

Hahahahahaha. Sid picks the ONE game we have lost ALL season!!!!!!
Halfway between the gutter and the stars

“I don't have any real proof and I can't be arsed to find any. But I bet I’m right” - Sid, 6th March 2018
Sid
Legend

1 year ago

[ quote="HARRY"]Pep brought in 19 players and let 26 go.

I did say when Van Dross was binned that in reality it all needs ripping up and starting again.
And that's basically what we are in the process of. There will definitely be at least 3 maybe 4 new additions next season. There's no way Joey will just promote Axel Foley and Fozzy Bear. They would be decent squaddies. But they should be there to fill in for injuries to your main players. The problem at the moment is that some of our main players are barely better than their replacements.[/quote]
Pep has spent a lot but money doesn't buy philosophy

If Jose had spent the extra 80m Pep has spent we'd still play shite long ball football away from home because that's the kind of football Mourinho plays. He's never played tiki taka or anything like.
Sid
Legend

1 year ago

So if we spent 1.7bn we'd play like City? Barca? Sadly it doesn't work like that. Managers buy to their philosophies, and Pep's is just more exciting than Jose's. That's not to say it's more or less effective, it just is what it is.

I hope you find peace one day
swampash
Legend

1 year ago

Forgive me Sid but, irrespective of the fact City are playing well and will probably take the PL title this year, you cannot ignore the fact that Pep's success as a coach is often based on other' prior hard work. At Bayern he inherited an awesome team built by Jupp Heynckes and then bought-in to enhance the team. At City he has had a blank cheque book to enhance the impressive ground work that was done by Manuel Pellegrini.
I've yet to be convinced about Pep's greatness.
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits...
Sid
Legend

1 year ago

Yeah tbf. He still needs to do it at a normal club that doesn't have endless riches to prove himself - not that he gives us a fuck about what we think tbf.

But his coaching is evident. His teams don't just win stuff like other top managers, they win it with style, playing some of the best football you'll ever see.

No doubt his philosophy will have its day. He might become a parody of himself as he seeks to perfect it. But right now it's the bollocks.

I also like that Sarri-ball shite. Would love to see it done with top players.
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

1 year ago

Guardiolas football is fantastic, but it only works if the players are good enough to play it... and the number of players in the game good enough to play it to a successful level is limited... doesn't matter how good a coach he is, he couldn't pull off that football and win with a midlable side... they just wouldn't have the quality to protect/retain the ball, and they'd be constantly losing possession in dangerous situations... it would fail badly... he has to have a very high standard of player for his football to work... that's not his fault, mind... he has a vision of how the game can be played, and if he has the players for it, he takes the game to a different level...

Seems to me, I read somewhere that he's basically admitted as much, as well...
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
Sid
Legend

1 year ago

Yeah I don't think anybody would dispute that. Just like Jose's long ball shite wouldn't make a midtable sude title winners.

The counter argument would be sarri-ball is rocking for Napoli. They're top of Serie A and smashing everyone with basically the same players who didn't do anywhere near as well under the old system. Alright they might not win the league but that style of football is making then punch well above their weight.