Unrealistic summer transfer wankfest III

Manchester United chat
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

The squad does need significant work. But it has for a few years now. And we seem to be making few inroads as we don't look to be working to any sort of a plan.

Some of the fees involved these days are ridiculous. But that's the game. However, its an over simplification to say that we can't challenge city unless we spend a kings ransom. Two key questions for me:

1. Are we working hard enough in the market? Is there actually a plan? Good deals are still out there to be had but we cant continue spending big money on players that don't materially improve the side or add genuine potential into the mix.

2. Is Jose actually improving the players we have? Because Pep certainly is.

The keeper position is clearly fine, assuming we can keep De Gea.

We need a centre back but we have for a while. We spent 30m on one in the summer and he looks shite. That's simply not acceptable. If there isn't an obvious candidate out there, who can come in and be bang on from day one, he should be made to work with what he has and improve them. Similarly, there's a player to be had in Luke Shaw - he's still young and could be our left back for the next 10 years if he's coached properly. Fuck the idea of swapping him for Rose - the idea that it's a deal which appeals to either players manager says a lot about the deeper rooted issues we have. Poch would make a real player out of Shaw.

Valencia will be fine at right back for a couple of years.

So maybe one centre back and some proper coaching would sort our defence.

Our biggest problems are a lack of creativity and flair in central midfield and out wide. That's where we need the most work.

Mahrez is a player we should sign. He's be available at a reasonable price and would immediately add quality to the right hand side. He can go past players, score goals, he has pace and a good delivery. We should get it done in January.

For the left, we should be busting our bollocks to sign Alexis Sanchez. Exactly the sort of player We're missing. It's probably a non starter if City want him but its another deal that could be done in Jan at a reasonable price.

Sanchez and Mahrez for a combined 60-70m would transform our attack. Then add the centre back and a couple of midfielders in the summer. Shift Martial and Rashford centrally where they should be, let Fellaini, Blind, Darmian and Zlatan go in the summer. Maybe Herrera too. Bring Fosu back in, give Perreira some game time and let Gomes go on loan.

Sorted.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

"Joey needs to track down two comfortable centrebacks"

I suppose it was Gaal that signed Lindelof and Bailley as well :))

They're part of the dross now, you heard it here first

But tbf Jose doesn't need two ball playing centrebacks, just like he doesn't need a keeper with great feet who can receive the ball in tight areas and play attacking 20-50 yards balls onto a players laces and set up attacks - because he gets them to hoof it
sheesh
Legend

Harry, selling Martial would be absolutely crazy. He's one of the few decent players we have in the squad. It's not his fault he gets fucked about by the manager. I can't believe that him being sold is even being suggested.

I agree that smalling and Jones are not good enough, although I'd sooner sell Jones rather than smalling. Even then, they aren't the biggest problem we have right now. We need to sort out our full back areas and lack of creativity. Also, Zlatan's career is nearly finished and Lukaku simply isn't good enough for United.

The bigger question, though, is whether or not one believes the money should even be going to Mourinho in the first place. Is he the man to take us forward after next season, when his contract expires? If we don't back him, he will be off, and we don't know if there is a suitable replacement out there or not. If we do back him, there's no guarantee that the football will be that much better. The question of whether or not we've improved all that much (given the transfer business Mourinho has done thus far) is up for debate. It's probably a question better answered at the end of the season. As it stands, we face a fight just to finish in the top 4.
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

Great question sheesh.

We should be throwing a wedge at Poch, and another wedge for him to bring Kane with him.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

The agenda has spread. Harry's reeling :))

Tbf fans are pissed off because the deal with Jose is that you put up with the shite football because he wins trophies - the main one being the league in his second season, guaranteed.

But this season he's fallen short of the new standard set by Pep. So then what you're left with at times is nothing more than an expensive West Brom, as well as unnecessary drama like slagging the fans and courting richer clubs. And in an era defined by dazzling attacking football, it's going to rile some. Especially when your two biggest rivals are doing it and you're not.
Davel
First Teamer

Sid the 2 centerbacks lindelfuckoff and sicknote were Mou`s fault, but like all meglomaniacs he will not admit this, also his fault he never sold smalling and jones, but we must move past this or the cycle will continue,while he cannot have known bailey would be constantly injured whoever promoted bebe2 must be sacked. as for harrys martial sacking,i`m not convinced ? this is the season when he`s supposed to have gotten over relationship issues, issues that would have put most of us on our arses.So he gets a break.
we aint gonna win fuckall this season,but if we get a new centerback duo,and young dies we may have a far better chance next season.
lkhmffsstopmovingabout
Legend

tbf the moany martial argument dont wash when weve got that fat fucking carthorse akinbiyi gimp up front sulking anytime any puts in a cross that requires him to make a near post run tbf
lkhm

hoofing
sheesh
Legend

Harry,

I can't be arsed to get into an endless back and forth debate, but there's a reason players like Hazard fell out with Mourinho and Chelsea sacked him in 2015. It wasn't because they were shit.

All I'll say is this: Mourinho has to take a large dollop of responsibility for Martial's form. Lukaku is not fit to tie the laces of the great players we've had in recent years. He might do OK at another club, but he just isn't good enough for United. Martial has the qualities. There's a difference.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

Harry's putting in the work :))

Nobody's buying it though

A season at wingback has affected Martial form n all. It's delayed his progress by a year.
Davel
First Teamer

Juventus have rejected an offer of £70m plus Henrikh Mkhitaryan from Manchester United for Paulo Dybala.
Juve said they want £86m and keep your own shit.

i wonder if he can defend