vs Sevilla

Forum for match day threads
Lazarus
Legend

9 months ago

"So again"... I didn't know i'd done this before, not sure I have.... I'm not ignoring the rest of the post, i read it.

You did say Jose would play much better football than this and you said much, much more.... You've berated my football opinion for a season and a half, told me i was no United fan.

Anyway, yes, the football is marginally better than LVG (give it a rest, already) but at this rate of improvement it'll take 20 years, under Jose, to get back to near what we used to be. But he won't be here for that much longer.

"but in general out attacking players can interchange and we can make plenty of chances - all better than one chance per game like every game before Jose" Your watching a different team than the rest of us Snoops and it seems your only concern is that we're better than Gaal....
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
Sid
Legend

9 months ago

lkhmffsstopmovingabout wrote:how many shots in our goal in the last two games against riff raff tbf, it’s not even good defensive shite we’re playing, it’s nothing football

BBC stats for the last 3 games

Sevilla 25 shots / United 6
Huddersfield 19 shots / United 5
Newcastle 10 shots / United 13 (we only attacked in the last 10/15 mins because we were losing)

That's 54 shots against, 24 for - against an average spanish side that can't score for shit and two relegation teams

So to claim we're playing good defensive football is total shite. Good defensive football doesn't result in 3 shite teams having over 50 shots at your goal. And it doesn't result in 1 loss, 1 win and 1 draw.
Sid
Legend

9 months ago

Lazarus wrote:"So again"... I didn't know i'd done this before, not sure I have.... I'm not ignoring the rest of the post, i read it.

You did say Jose would play much better football than this and you said much, much more.... You've berated my football opinion for a season and a half, told me i was no United fan.

Anyway, yes, the football is marginally better than LVG (give it a rest, already) but at this rate of improvement it'll take 20 years, under Jose, to get back to near what we used to be. But he won't be here for that much longer.

"but in general out attacking players can interchange and we can make plenty of chances - all better than one chance per game like every game before Jose" Your watching a different team than the rest of us Snoops and it seems your only concern is that we're better than Gaal....

The football is as bad as Gaals IMO. The only difference is we give the ball away and do nothing under Jose rather than keeping it and doing nothing under Gaal.

It's hard to compare the two now though because the team is a lot different with 8 new players - top players too like Pogba, Sanchez, Matic. Gaal had a lot less. But even if he had those players too we'd play the same dull shite only we'd keep the ball and do nothing rather than hoof it to the opposition and do nothing.

I think we can put to bed the idea that once Jose had top players we'd play great football. It just int going to happen. Like a few of us pointed out years ago, he comes from the Gaal school of football which is looking increasingly tired these days.
Davel
Legend

9 months ago

for some reason only known to himself and his rentboy assistant he plays useless shite players,
mixing them up with good players, then asking the good players to cover for there skilless teamates.or just plain out of position.

example : he plays young (this alone is a sackable offence to me) then makes sanchez track back covering young when the opposition have the ball, sounds good untill you realise when we regain the ball the only out ball is to a pillbox that has 50p shaped feet,so we have a 1 in 7 chance of a layoff to another of our players because he cant focus the correct side of his feet.

He plays mata as an attacking midfielder, yea mata the greyhound, but with everybody being so deep speedy mata does look like he`s up front,
all this because he wont play pogba where pogs wants to play,because this clown want 5 x 6ft + players at the back, Ive lost count of how many times pogs has lost his intended marker and we conceeded from it, Ive stated numourous of times that he cant mark or defend from a standing start, how come the clown can`t suss this out he cant because he`s finished and living on past
glory. I`d sack him after our CL exit.
Lazarus
Legend

9 months ago

I'm throwing the dog a bone Sid. The 'marginally better' isn't worth the effort to write.

Gaal has fuck all to do with how we've played this season. Gaal is gone. It's Jose's team now.
Lazarus
Legend

9 months ago

Davel wrote:for some reason only known to himself and his assistant he plays useless shite players,
mixing them up with good players, then asking the good players to cover for there skilless teamates.or just plain out of position.

example : he plays young (this alone is a sackable offence to me) then makes sanchez track back covering young when the opposition have the ball, sounds good untill you realise when we regain the ball the only out ball is to a pillbox that has 50p shaped feet,so we have a 1 in 7 chance of a layoff to another of our players because he cant focus the correct side of his feet.

He plays mata as an attacking midfielder, yea mata the greyhound, but with everybody being so deep speedy mata does look like he`s up front,
all this because he wont play pogba where pogs wants to play,because this clown want 5 x 6ft + players at the back, Ive lost count of how many times pogs has lost his intended marker and we conceeded from it, Ive stated numourous of times that he cant mark or defend from a standing start, how come the clown can`t suss this out he cant because he`s finished and living on past
glory. I`d sack him after our CL exit.

Sorted! Same point made. Give it a while Davel. This is me trying to not be an asshole. If you want to debate the point take us over to off topic. I'll keep an eye out for the reply. B-)
Sid
Legend

9 months ago

Sevilla's entire starting 11 cost less than Pogba
swampash
Legend

9 months ago

...got my reservations about Bale, but Kroos is a no-brainer for me dozer. Can’t see how you figure he’s past it at 28.
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits...